Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Pet Sitter needed - 24th to 29th August - Isere Region, Bourg d'Oisans

Pet Sitter needed - 24th to 29th August - Isere Region, Bourg d'Oisans

Old Aug 21st 2017, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

bicks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pet Sitter needed - 24th to 29th August - Isere Region, Bourg d'Oisans

Hi apologies for late notice! but our dog sitter has just let us down at the last minute, if anyone who knows anyone who likes to dog sit two shy dogs inside, but very active outside, for 5 nights at an 8 bed room Ski Chalet 20 minutes drive from Bourg d'Oisans, with free roaming paddock and mountain fields and views out back, Please get in touch. Many thanks

Ps.The breeds are Welsh Collie (female) and Husky Cross (male), both 2 years old and love the outdoors,
Old Aug 21st 2017, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Sitter needed - 24th to 29th August - Isere Region, Bourg d'Oisans

Pity I'm not closer, as would have taken you up on that.
If you get other offers - and I should imagine you will, you are advised to vet (no pun intended) them carefully, as finding true animal lovers, especially at late notice could be difficult.
I've been tempted in the past to use a dog-sitter for a week each year when we go away, but Mme will have none of it, as too concerned about how the property and her (large) 'baby' would be treated.
I wish you luck with the search.
Old Aug 21st 2017, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

bicks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pet Sitter needed - 24th to 29th August - Isere Region, Bourg d'Oisans

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Pity I'm not closer, as would have taken you up on that.
If you get other offers - and I should imagine you will, you are advised to vet (no pun intended) them carefully, as finding true animal lovers, especially at late notice could be difficult.
I've been tempted in the past to use a dog-sitter for a week each year when we go away, but Mme will have none of it, as too concerned about how the property and her (large) 'baby' would be treated.
I wish you luck with the search.
Thanks Tweedpipe,
usually advertise here https://www.trustedhousesitters.com, but as you say late notice not ideal, vet - definitely
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 7:00 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bicks
Thanks Tweedpipe,
usually advertise here https://www.trustedhousesitters.com, but as you say late notice not ideal, vet - definitely
I agree with Mme TP and wouldn't be happy entrusting my house and pets to strangers...
A Google search came up with at least one Pension Canine in Bourg d'Oisans - have you tried them?
I wish you luck in your last-minute search!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Not always possible but very wise to also vet pension/auberge animalieres. There are 4 situated within a radius of 25klm from our location. Long time back we visited 3 to check out their facilities. Two were very good which we've used often, one with a/c in each of the boxes - which Mme loved the idea of, and gave it both thumbs up. The 3rd was terrible - filthy in fact, despite the impressive sign prominently posted to the adjacent motorway. No way we would have left the dog there, or the m-i-l.
Although... on second thoughts.........