Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Orange Livebox Difficluties

Orange Livebox Difficluties

Old Mar 5th 2011, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Bolam911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Orange Livebox Difficluties

Has anyone experienced this problem with Orange Broadband Livebox.
We have had Orange Broadband with a France Telecom 2nd line. Recently we changed the contract to discontinue the landline and use Orange mobile as an internet phone with free international calls. For the past 2 months we have received bills which are in excess of 130 euros for international calls. Despite speaking to Orange they insist we are not using the internet phone( which is definitely connected to the VOIP connector on the livebox!!!
The the only problem I can assume is that the incoming landline phone ( which needs to be connected to the telephone extension to receive incoming calls) is somehow overriding the internet Orange Livebox?
Has anyone experienced this problem or can give any idea of configuration of the livebox connection to the incoming line and /or 2nd incoming phone?
Old Mar 5th 2011, 10:28 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Orange Livebox Difficluties

Originally Posted by Bolam911
Has anyone experienced this problem with Orange Broadband Livebox.
We have had Orange Broadband with a France Telecom 2nd line. Recently we changed the contract to discontinue the landline and use Orange mobile as an internet phone with free international calls. For the past 2 months we have received bills which are in excess of 130 euros for international calls. Despite speaking to Orange they insist we are not using the internet phone( which is definitely connected to the VOIP connector on the livebox!!!
The the only problem I can assume is that the incoming landline phone ( which needs to be connected to the telephone extension to receive incoming calls) is somehow overriding the internet Orange Livebox?
Has anyone experienced this problem or can give any idea of configuration of the livebox connection to the incoming line and /or 2nd incoming phone?
Welcome to the Forum.......

Is the Telephone led lit on the livebox? And what country are you calling internationally to get the bill?

On a computer connected to the livebox via a network cable type in 192.168.1.1 and hit enter you should come to a page with "Configuration pages access (restricted access, protected by password)."

Click it then it should ask for a username and password if it is still in it's default state then it's admin and admin.

On the Summary page does it say Phone over ADSL Enabled?

When you go to the "System Information" page under services can you see a assigned telephone number?

If you do when you dial it does your phone plugged into the livebox ring?

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Mar 5th 2011 at 10:32 am.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

The LED on the livebox is not lit so this suggests a problem identied. When connecting to 192.168.1.1 it indicates that the VOIP is "enabled" but when clicking the "test phone button it rings the France Telecom home phone number?When I enter "my Services" and select "phone over ADSL" it indiscates that Voip services are currently "disabled" and when I click on "phone over ADSL management it takes me to Orange portal page and indictes numerous options around "mes services par internet" ? then I am lost!!!!
????
Old Mar 5th 2011, 3:05 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of

The LED on the livebox is not lit so this suggests a problem identied. When connecting to 192.168.1.1 it indicates that the VOIP is "enabled" but when clicking the "test phone button it rings the France Telecom home phone number?When I enter "my Services" and select "phone over ADSL" it indiscates that Voip services are currently "disabled" and when I click on "phone over ADSL management it takes me to Orange portal page and indictes numerous options around "mes services par internet" ? then I am lost!!!!
????
we had nothing but trouble with our Livebox. I spent an hour on the phone to the English speaking helpline, they tried to diagnose the problem, but finally they decided that it would be easier to replace it, so they did. It sounds like your problems are similar to those we had - a land line and a Livebox which were not compatible. Livebox is not a great system, but apparently from speaking to other folk around our area who had other telephone providers, none stand out as being much better than any other...

The helpline is good, though, they do at least speak fluent English rather than just being French people who can 'get by' in English, which is comforting when the problems they are addressing are complicated.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 3:21 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

????
Are you sure you have the service? The livebox Voip port on the Livebox defaults to your landline if it cant sync up voip services. It's an annoying feature but it is due to the fact that the voip dial tone is powered from the land line voltage.

Go to Orange.fr, Then go into "Espace Client" And you should have a link labelled "mon compte internet, téléphone par internet" If it lacks the red bit then your dont have the service if you do when you click the link it should resemble the attached image take note of the assigned number "mon numéro" on the page you should have one.

Failing this you have a faulty Livebox and it needs exchanging.
Attached Thumbnails Orange Livebox Difficluties-bnm.png  

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Mar 5th 2011 at 4:17 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Are you sure you have the service? The livebox Voip port on the Livebox defaults to your landline if it cant sync up voip services.
The OP said:

'Recently we changed the contract to discontinue the landline'

in which case there should be nothing to default to.

The bills, coupled with the lack of the phone light on the Livebox and the continuing ability to make calls, would seem to indicate that the FT line has not been reconfigured for a VoIP only service and is still operating as previously.

Normally when you choose this package, having previously has a standard FT line and number, the number remains for the VoIP service and you should see it under Services/Telephone on the Livebox home page. Just click on Telephone after logging in.

Under the Tools/System Information/VoIP tab you should see:

5.1 Status : Enabled
5.2 VoIP phone number : +33 and your FT number
5.3 VP/VC used : 8/51
5.4 Link status : Up
5.5 Protocol : SIP
Old Mar 6th 2011, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice.It certainly seems that this is the problem
Unfortunately when I access the homepage Livebox with Inventel it does not give me the option to click on "telephone"
It opens to a "configuration" page.When I access "phone over ADSL" it says it is "disabled" and when I attempt to go into "ADSL Management" button it takes me to the "espace client" page on Orange "mon telephone par internet" at this point I am lost?
Old Mar 8th 2011, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

Which Livebox do you have. Is it the older triangular shaped one or the newer Livebox 2 which is an oblong box with a chamfered corner ?

I have no experience with the older version and my instructions were in relation to the Livebox 2 which does not have a configuration page as such.
Old Mar 9th 2011, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Yes it is a Livebox 2 model