Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Opening a Bar in Paris - Looking for knowledge/Advice

Opening a Bar in Paris - Looking for knowledge/Advice

Old Sep 14th 2014, 5:06 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opening a Bar in Paris - Looking for knowledge/Advice

Originally Posted by dmu
Is Matthew associated with Hayley? I've just noticed that she has posted the same thread in the Netherlands forum.....
Well spotted dmu. Probably quite innocent and just a case of Matthew preferring France and Hayley preferring Holland. But both first-time posters!?!

Might be the same person but I've often wondered if some of the regulars aren't multiple-identity mods.

And If I put up a post and nobody replies surely I can just become another BE member and agree with myself? :
Old Sep 14th 2014, 9:13 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Well spotted dmu. Probably quite innocent and just a case of Matthew preferring France and Hayley preferring Holland. But both first-time posters!?!

Might be the same person but I've often wondered if some of the regulars aren't multiple-identity mods.

And If I put up a post and nobody replies surely I can just become another BE member and agree with myself? :
OK, so I was mistaken and I've apologised.
Matthew and Hayley are partners, one asking on the France forum, the other on the Netherlands one. A Mod has reminded them of the Rules regarding user-names and the protection against trolls.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 10:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
I presumed it was a rhetoric question.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Probably redundant advice, given the above answers:

Of all the countries I've lived in, I'd go back to France in a heartbeat *if I could make a living*.

I have extensive experience in the hotel/restaurant/bar biz. I shan't be moving to France any time soon.

Have a read of this:
Ouvrir un bar - Réglementation et démarches

If you are really really set on this idea, I can put you in touch with current Paris bar/restaurant owners who are desperate to get out of the business. But you'll need more than the sum quoted as seed money & I wouldn't really, because I don't send sheep to slaughter !
S

Last edited by Shirtback; Sep 15th 2014 at 12:15 am. Reason: Clarification