oiseaux

Old Dec 1st 2007, 4:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oiseaux

I bought a pair of 20 x 90 binoculars which are placed on our balcony as we have an assortment of birds of prey (I know not what) hovering around.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 5:08 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I bought a pair of 20 x 90 binoculars which are placed on our balcony as we have an assortment of birds of prey (I know not what) hovering around.
kestrels?
Old Dec 1st 2007, 6:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
kestrels?
No they're Strathspey 20 x 90's
Old Dec 1st 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

you always get one don't you
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:34 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

I have a pair of old Pathescope 10x50's that I bought for a tenner years ago. They're heavy as lead but great optics. I also bought a tripod mount for them for when I'm stargazing. There are some stars and constellations that are just better seen through the bino's than the telescope. Plus, the don't move as quickly as the bloody birds!

Had a friend staying with us for the weekend and she asked this morning what the loud drumming noise was? I pointed to one of the poplars where a big green woodpecker was doing his nut!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:40 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Le Chant

I have a pair of old Pathescope 10x50's that I bought for a tenner years ago. They're heavy as lead but great optics. I also bought a tripod mount for them for when I'm stargazing. There are some stars and constellations that are just better seen through the bino's than the telescope. Plus, the don't move as quickly as the bloody birds!

Had a friend staying with us for the weekend and she asked this morning what the loud drumming noise was? I pointed to one of the poplars where a big green woodpecker was doing his nut!
Usual that. Green Woodpeckers feed mainly on the ground where they prod around alot. So there you go, an observation of something out of the ordinary! Stars! Constellations! Too cold! That's why my knowledge is limited to the constellations visible in the summer.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:47 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, you have no idea what you're missing Tres. The winter constellations are far more interesting than the summer ones! Orion's amazing when seen through a large 'scope. The nebulae are out of this world! (I know, I know.....). The planets like Saturn & Jupiter are good to see too! I once took a pic through the telescope eyepiece of Saturn & Jupiter! You could definitely tell what they were.

I dunno if it's the same green woodpecker or not, but he's around here quite alot, but there's also a large (massive in fact) black one too. I didn't know that green ones were mainly ground feeders. This one definitely likes our poplars.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:00 pm
down under where

Ah, you have no idea what you're missing Tres. The winter constellations are far more interesting than the summer ones! Orion's amazing when seen through a large 'scope. The nebulae are out of this world! (I know, I know.....). The planets like Saturn & Jupiter are good to see too! I once took a pic through the telescope eyepiece of Saturn & Jupiter! You could definitely tell what they were.

I dunno if it's the same green woodpecker or not, but he's around here quite alot, but there's also a large (massive in fact) black one too. I didn't know that green ones were mainly ground feeders. This one definitely likes our poplars.
I think the green one is a softy and poplar wood is soft. I did do winter stars one year from the pulled back roof of a 2CV. Was great fun. But cold!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:05 pm

Ahhhhhhh. A 2CV! A proper stargazer's car is that!

Cheers for the explanation about the woodpecker. That makes sense. It doesn't half make some noise too. I have to turn my hearing aid down sometimes....
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

Im sorry but i have to complain about this comment....
it made me laugh so much i spat my coffee all over my laptop, and it came down my nose and i almost wee'd
so thanks a lot
:r ofl:
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:31 pm

Made me laugh too, but I have better bladder control....must be a wumman thing!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

Made me laugh too, but I have better bladder control....must be a wumman thing!
cheeky

p.s did you read my questions on other post
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:36 pm

Sorry PJ, no. I shall sally forth right now....apologies!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry PJ, no. I shall sally forth right now....apologies!
I should think so
How totally rude of you

PJ
Old Dec 5th 2007, 1:02 pm

There! Post made. Questions (hopefully) answered. PJ (hopefully) appeased and my friend again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.