Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Oh and by the way, ...

Oh and by the way, ...

Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oh and by the way, ...

IVV - normalement you would be right...
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:13 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
I agree CS, there does seem to be a general sense of humour collapse so thank you for establishing that at least one person was able to see the funny side of my post.
It's a topic where you have to tread carefully "Rule 15" oh and the first rule of fight club is don't talk about fight club

But in my many years of being a member here I always interpreted that rule as one where verbal harm foal play is meant as many of the arguments in the TIO or PDT people are constantly looking for ways to twist each others words and some folk had a habit of adjusting quotes to make folk look like pillocks.

Quotes are edited all the time to help clarify the response to folk it makes replying to folk easier.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:14 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blackladder
IVV - normalement you would be right...
Touché

Last edited by InVinoVeritas; Dec 17th 2014 at 8:19 am. Reason: Added quote (accurately)
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:22 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
some folk had a habit of adjusting quotes to make folk look like pillocks
So far I haven't found that they needed any help from me
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:33 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Pillocks.

It is 18 loves . Not 15. Sort yourselves out.

and Invino. ---- nice
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:42 am
Hostage Negotiator

Ah Bevs - you're like my Nan was when I was a kid, though hopefully not so old (she would be about 145yo now).
Old Dec 17th 2014, 2:57 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Pillocks.

It is 18 loves . Not 15. Sort yourselves out.

and Invino. ---- nice
I was referring to something completely different when I mentioned 18 like don't discuss Mod's on the forum just incase IVV felt the urge.

Completely separate to the 15 incident honestly
Old Dec 18th 2014, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god, I love this, thanks for posting!

PS: of course this means your link is crap and that I hate it haha!

Last edited by babyposer; Dec 18th 2014 at 7:24 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2014, 3:20 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Effectivement (French) - You're right, I'm wrong (English)

Desolé (French) - I'm right, you're wrong (English)
Old Dec 30th 2014, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

'elloelloello - it's the fun police!
Old Dec 30th 2014, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Talking about the fun police, and attempting to keep as close as possible to the topic of 'British politeness', here's a sketch which has long amused me, and where the 'French' (bless 'im) clearly have an altogether different view from that of the Brits. (Jean Pierre v Hugo).
Those who are easily offended may be advised not to read/watch further.
Old Dec 30th 2014, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond repute

Jean-Pierre the pervert
Old Dec 31st 2014, 3:35 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a great leap forward to have a thread in the France forum where people can post when they've tippled too much.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 8:15 am
Quien no sabe

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I think it's a great leap forward to have a thread in the France forum where people can post when they've tippled too much.
I thought thats what they were all for,
Old Dec 31st 2014, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Hic!