Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Offer on house and furniture

Offer on house and furniture

Old Mar 7th 2017, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Offer on house and furniture

Can someone refresh my memory into how the list of furniture left by sellers is incorporated into the house sale please? I seem to remember our Notaire asking for a list of what has been negotiated with the seller and how that is deducted during the sale. Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2017, 4:41 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offer on house and furniture

Originally Posted by bobbi2
Can someone refresh my memory into how the list of furniture left by sellers is incorporated into the house sale please? I seem to remember our Notaire asking for a list of what has been negotiated with the seller and how that is deducted during the sale. Thanks
We negotiated directly with the vendors over certain items which they wanted to leave and we wanted to buy (a couple of Armoires Normandes, a couple of beds and a Louis Philippe cabinet).

Neither the agent immobilier nor the notaire were involved.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
We negotiated directly with the vendors over certain items which they wanted to leave and we wanted to buy (a couple of Armoires Normandes, a couple of beds and a Louis Philippe cabinet).

Neither the agent immobilier nor the notaire were involved.
Ok thanks. I cannot really understand how it affects the tax on the purchase price? The cost of sheds, integrated items etc get negotiated within the house offer??
Old Mar 7th 2017, 8:21 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thanks. I cannot really understand how it affects the tax on the purchase price? The cost of sheds, integrated items etc get negotiated within the house offer??
You asked about furniture. Were wanted some stuff, but when I raised that with the agent he pointed out that he sells houses, not furniture.

I'm also not sure what you mean by the tax on the purchase price?
Old Mar 7th 2017, 8:44 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Did you negotiate with the vendors due to some of the Diagnostics not conforming? In the recent sale of my late neighbour's house, the reduction in the sales price to cover the buyer installing a new septic tank, was noted by the Notaire (since the fact of it not being conforme had to be recorded), and the relevant taxes were based on the lower price.
As said, what happens to the furniture is of no concern to any one but the two parties, and no tax is involved. The Notaire deals with the "immeubles", not the "meubles"....
Old Mar 8th 2017, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

We got the notaire to add up the few items being left by the sellers but which were agreed to be part of the sale such as fitted kitchen and appliances, curtain poles, wood burner, that sort of thing and this was listed separately so that agent and notaire fees were not paid on that. Obviously the total value of these items have to be somewhat realistic but there is some leeway in agreeing the value.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 7:09 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by south_bound
We got the notaire to add up the few items being left by the sellers but which were agreed to be part of the sale such as fitted kitchen and appliances, curtain poles, wood burner, that sort of thing and this was listed separately so that agent and notaire fees were not paid on that. Obviously the total value of these items have to be somewhat realistic but there is some leeway in agreeing the value.
Quite so, but the "meuble" can form part of the acte de vente as it is only the "immeuble" which is used as the basis for the notaire's fees and for the plus-value calculation.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

Exactly, you put it much more eloquently