Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Off topic posts from France or NZ thread

Off topic posts from France or NZ thread

Old Dec 13th 2016, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

AngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand or France??????

I mean to be honest I don't mind the snow usually at that point is cold and crisp less humidity, it's the dampness I can't stand and you do get a lot of dampness here.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 3:46 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AngelsEyes
I live in Allenheads which I believe is 400ft higher than Alston. Despite what the records show if there is any at all for Allenheads my car temp gauge said -19 while we were travelling back from my sons Christingle in Dec I believe it was 2010.
AngelsEyes, I wouldn't bother. I remember going "down" into Hamilton or East Kilbride from my town in Scotland and watching the temperature display on my car showing it was getting warmer, and that was only a difference of a few hundred feet!

FWIW I am originally from SE Wales. Warm and wet and lovely and infinitely more pleasant than "the north" in the winter! If only I could have migrated south for a few months.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

AngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond reputeAngelsEyes has a reputation beyond repute

Our friends moved to Devon they love it don't think the village is great that they're in is the only thing. Were up for another challenge but one that's in a warmer country would be good as working in the cold takes it toll. A bit of fun and adventure is what is required hey you only live once.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 4:11 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Oh, so you were saying she must be lying? :homy:

Sorry Novocastrian but your contribution to this thread is less than stellar.
She's just mistaken.

Allenheads weather
Old Dec 13th 2016, 4:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
She's just mistaken.

Allenheads weather
I can't help but wonder if AngelEyes' car was showing the temperature in Farenheit because 19°F is is about -7.5°C, which is exactly consistent with what the link that Novocastrian posted shows.

I would be happy to believe that -7.5°C feels a lot colder if it is damp and blowing a gale.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

She's just mistaken.

Allenheads weather
Excuse me that's my neighbours site he had/ has an amateur weather station actually attached to our fence. It is often off due to being blown down by wind or insufficient power. It was -19 I live here I know better than you would. If you would care to apologize as your really getting on my nerves now. Or is that the purpose of these messages I asked about life in France don't see what your posts have to go with that.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I can't help but wonder if AngelEyes' car was showing the temperature in Farenheit because 19°F is is about -7.5°C, which is exactly consistent with what the link that Novocastrian posted shows.

I would be happy to believe that -7.5°C feels a lot colder if it is damp and blowing a gale.
Nope was -19 Celsius. I live in this village I know what temp it was.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 5:46 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AngelsEyes
Nope was -19 Celsius. I live in this village I know what temp it was.
I'm glad you're so convinced about the temperature despite contradictory instrumental records.

Now, I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, but are you really sure your barn conversion in Allenheads is worth 600K?

I just ask because this, rather well done, church conversion there 5 bedroom detached house for sale in NORTHUMBERLAND, Allenheads, NE47 is only going for about half that amount. I'm sure you know of it.
Old Dec 13th 2016, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

I'm glad you're so convinced about the temperature despite contradictory instrumental records.

Now, I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, but are you really sure your barn conversion in Allenheads is worth 600K?

I just ask because this, rather well done, church conversion there 5 bedroom detached house for sale in NORTHUMBERLAND, Allenheads, NE47 is only going for about half that amount. I'm sure you know of it.
Who are you and what's your problem you have no idea or clue what your talking about. My house is nothing like the one you have posted. I'm done with this now. Your comments are not helpful clearly your just trying to be awkward.