Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Off season holiday let in Aude

Off season holiday let in Aude

Old Jun 3rd 2014, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

briangb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Off season holiday let in Aude

As a new member would first like to say Hi!

We have sold our house in the UK and are planning our permanent move to France, aiming to be in a rental home by September.

Our chosen location is in the Languedoc, close to Limoux, and we will be looking initially for an off-season holiday let or failing that an unfurnished property for aprox. 6 months, to enable us to find a permanent home at leisure, rather than trying to find something from the UK.

I realise that the forum rules disallow specific offers for property etc, but can anyone advise me of any websites, agents or other sources of rentals that may exist that you have used to find a rental property? I am planning to fly over towards the end of this month to look at prospective places.

Obviously we are open to offers, and if you do have something you may consider suitable, please send a private mail & I will get back to you asap
Old Jun 5th 2014, 2:48 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off season holiday let in Aude

There are loads of english speaking immobiliers in that area- just google search agents immobiliers and just about everyone will have at least one anglophone in the office. If you can speak at least a bit of french then Leboncoin.fr is a very good place to start looking and you may be able to avoid agency fees if you go direct to the owner.

http://www.leboncoin.fr/locations/of...Limoux%2011300
Old Jun 5th 2014, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
There are loads of english speaking immobiliers in that area- just google search agents immobiliers and just about everyone will have at least one anglophone in the office. If you can speak at least a bit of french then Leboncoin.fr is a very good place to start looking and you may be able to avoid agency fees if you go direct to the owner.

http://www.leboncoin.fr/locations/of...Limoux%2011300
Many thanks, I have looked through leboncoin and have enquired about a couple. At the moment I am still looking for a holiday let as it will be fully furnished and we don't have to worry about part-shipping our furniture and keeping the rest in storage, but if we don't find a suitable property that we will have to think of unfurnished rentals and all that entails.
Old Jun 5th 2014, 5:08 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, have you considered renting a gîte? They are always furnished....
Old Jun 5th 2014, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, have you considered renting a gîte? They are always furnished....
That's what we are looking for - I am hoping to fly down in a couple of weeks to look at a few, so hopefully we will have a better idea then - just need to make sure they are centrally heated - I know how cold it can get.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 9:31 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Try French property.com

I'm in the same situation. I hope to be in Languedoc Roussillon by November for winter. I was going to buy a fixer upper straight away but we've decided to be wise and rent for 6 months first. We are basically trying to spend 6 months in Fiji - where we have a house - and 6 months in France over winter and spring.

I'd love to hear how you get on. We need a place which is unfurnished and we can bring our 3 cats over from Oz. I'm also hoping I can pay a small fee to someone to feed the fluffy ones when we're away and I can't get friends from England to stay.