Reload this Page >

Obtaining a carte Grise

Obtaining a carte Grise

Old Mar 5th 2018, 9:22 am
Just Joined

LowriderChevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Obtaining a carte Grise

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Just one reason why for ages I've never advised bringing a UK car to France and re-registering.
Many of course will disagree, like a bit of excitement, living dangerously when overtaking lorries etc in a r.h. drive, complications during the control technique, pulling a muscle whilst overstretching at a pay booth when alone etc....
An easy existance for me every time.
Many, of course, do disagree. Having seen what the French are asking for high mileage cars. In comparison the prices are so low in UK that people are bringing them over to cannibalise for spares, etc. and still quids ahead. Of course this wouldn't appeal to those with plenty of cash to splash. Overtaking lorries is not a problem at all as long as you don't adopt the French habit of slipstreaming the lorry and trying to overtake on a bend or going up a hill, etc. In fact I have watched many a French driver happily doing just this when from my vantage point several yards behind can clearly see an oncoming car that presents a hazard. I have only owned RH drive vehicles for the last 17 years and not once had any bother at CT time because of which side the steering wheel is located. Pay booth stretch? At the end of a two hour journey I am pleased to get out of the saddle and stretch my legs to pay the toll. The only impatience I would find from the drivers behind might be if they were British and used to going and doing everything in a blazing hurry.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LowriderChevy
Many, of course, do disagree. Having seen what the French are asking for high mileage cars. In comparison the prices are so low in UK that people are bringing them over to cannibalise for spares, etc. and still quids ahead. Of course this wouldn't appeal to those with plenty of cash to splash. Overtaking lorries is not a problem at all as long as you don't adopt the French habit of slipstreaming the lorry and trying to overtake on a bend or going up a hill, etc. In fact I have watched many a French driver happily doing just this when from my vantage point several yards behind can clearly see an oncoming car that presents a hazard. I have only owned RH drive vehicles for the last 17 years and not once had any bother at CT time because of which side the steering wheel is located. Pay booth stretch? At the end of a two hour journey I am pleased to get out of the saddle and stretch my legs to pay the toll. The only impatience I would find from the drivers behind might be if they were British and used to going and doing everything in a blazing hurry.
Welcome to the forum.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Whether RH or LH drive for the peage you can't beat a Bip & Go telepeage doofah, works in Spain too where they even have 60kph drive-through's

BTW I drive both RH & LH drive cars and never had the slightest problem with either.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Vinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
Whether RH or LH drive for the peage you can't beat a Bip & Go telepeage doofah, works in Spain too where they even have 60kph drive-through's
A Vinci bip thingy really works in Spain?