Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Nursing homes in France

Nursing homes in France

Old Feb 21st 2018, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nursing homes in France

Could anyone please give their general opinion on nursing homes here, especially those that cater for the elderly, dementia sufferers etc.
I'll enlarge on the reason for the question later, but at this point a simple v-good, good, bad, or v-bad comment will suffice.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 10:33 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing homes in France

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Could anyone please give their general opinion on nursing homes here, especially those that cater for the elderly, dementia sufferers etc.
I'll enlarge on the reason for the question later, but at this point a simple v-good, good, bad, or v-bad comment will suffice.
The EHPAD where my late neighbour stayed was good, and even very good, for service and comfort, although sometimes the meals looked doubtful. When she was able to move out of the medicalised part to the residence part, her children whisked her back to the UK due to the high cost, no longer "pris en charge" by the Sécu and for which they were responsible.
No other personal experience, otherwise, just hearsay on other homes....
Old Feb 21st 2018, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing homes in France

A French friend had her mother in a nursing home for dementia. My friend is a very determined, thorough person and not prepared to put up with anything she's not happy with. She chose the home very very carefully and was satisfied with it. She felt that the medical care was adequate but her complaint was that it wasn't as proactive as it should have been. Over the many years her mother was a sufferer she did a lot of research into the advances in treatment for dementia, and she wasn't impressed that it was always her that had to ask the doctors whether her mother would benefit from new treatments that had become available, she felt that they should have been the ones suggesting it.

I suppose what that boils down to is that good care is available, however I know that my friend did reject a lot of the homes she looked at because she didn't feel they were good.