Noise Control

Old May 29th 2012, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Lost-in-France is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Noise Control

Hi there,

i have lived in a very small village in the Pyrenees for a couple of years and when I bought my house I did not know that the double garage attached to me house had been bought by the local cave and would be used to store vats of wine.

Up until now it hasn't really been a big problem...they have a huge cooler on the roof, that is on morning , noon and night which makes a constant thrumming noise and is a tad annoying, however it's the constant stream of industrial forklift noise that is getting to me a little . They go back and forth along the residential road in front my house to access the garage all day, long moving heavy containers. The garage can be accessed from the other side by the cave, but not by road.

I do not know if the garage has had it's use changed from residential to commercial usage but I do know the industrial machinery being used is causing a lot of noise as they move things around inside and outside in the forecourt. i am the only one affected really and could probably speak to the mayor, however he is quite clearly very pro the cave and I'm thinking it could be detrimental to cause a problem...I wonder though if what they are doing is permitted as commercial business is now being conducted in a residential area.

Does anyone have any advice or information that would be useful.

Best wishes
Carole x
Old May 29th 2012, 6:50 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Noise Control

Originally Posted by Lost-in-France
Hi there,

i have lived in a very small village in the Pyrenees for a couple of years and when I bought my house I did not know that the double garage attached to me house had been bought by the local cave and would be used to store vats of wine.

Up until now it hasn't really been a big problem...they have a huge cooler on the roof, that is on morning , noon and night which makes a constant thrumming noise and is a tad annoying, however it's the constant stream of industrial forklift noise that is getting to me a little . They go back and forth along the residential road in front my house to access the garage all day, long moving heavy containers. The garage can be accessed from the other side by the cave, but not by road.

I do not know if the garage has had it's use changed from residential to commercial usage but I do know the industrial machinery being used is causing a lot of noise as they move things around inside and outside in the forecourt. i am the only one affected really and could probably speak to the mayor, however he is quite clearly very pro the cave and I'm thinking it could be detrimental to cause a problem...I wonder though if what they are doing is permitted as commercial business is now being conducted in a residential area.

Does anyone have any advice or information that would be useful.

Best wishes
Carole x
Welcome to the Forum, Should you get any issues here give me a shout.