Reload this Page >

Moving to Montpellier

Moving to Montpellier

Old Jul 28th 2017, 10:07 am
Just Joined

epo1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Montpellier

Good morning everyone.

I will be moving to Palavas Les Flots (just outside Montpellier) in December. I'm wanting to build up a network of contacts and (dare I say it) Friends in and around Palavas and Montpellier.

It will be my first time living outside the UK, moving with my wife (who is French) and one year old daughter so will be leaving family and friends in the UK. I'm moving from Sheffield in the UK.

Are there any regular English speaking meetups that I could look to attend in Montpellier? Any young English speaking families looking for play dates for bi-lingual children? Is there anyone in the area already, looking to make a new friend?

Anyone have any experience of going to watch football at Montpellier too?

Please feel free to send me a friend request. Look forward to hearing from you all.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 10:38 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Montpellier

Originally Posted by epo1984
Good morning everyone.

I will be moving to Palavas Les Flots (just outside Montpellier) in December. I'm wanting to build up a network of contacts and (dare I say it) Friends in and around Palavas and Montpellier.

It will be my first time living outside the UK, moving with my wife (who is French) and one year old daughter so will be leaving family and friends in the UK. I'm moving from Sheffield in the UK.

Are there any regular English speaking meetups that I could look to attend in Montpellier? Any young English speaking families looking for play dates for bi-lingual children? Is there anyone in the area already, looking to make a new friend?

Anyone have any experience of going to watch football at Montpellier too?

Please feel free to send me a friend request. Look forward to hearing from you all.
Hi, and welcome to the forum from a fellow Héraultaise!
I live in North Hérault and don't go to MTP very often, but I know it well from when my daughters were at Uni there. On the other hand, I've never been to Palavas-les-Flots
There are quite a few possibilities for get-togethers among English-speakers (not necessarily British). Google "English-speaking Associations Montpellier" which will direct you to another forum, and "Le Bookshop Montpellier" which, I believe, organises meetings in English.
Be prepared for a shock when you arrive in P-l-F, it's somewhat different from Sheffield! All the best in your future new life!
P.S. Sorry I can't help on the football front, except to say that the Mosson Stadium is to the WNW of MTP, on a tram line. A bit complicated to get to from P-l-F....

Last edited by dmu; Jul 28th 2017 at 10:43 am.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Devastated isn't the word. The move to Palavas has fallen through

Don't suppose anyone knows anywhere in montpellier available for rent or any reputable landlords/agencies in the area?
Old Aug 26th 2017, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

EmmaCarson is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we moved to Montpellier from London in March. We found our apartment on Leboncoin so perhaps you could look there?
Old Jan 14th 2018, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EmmaCarson
Hi, we moved to Montpellier from London in March. We found our apartment on Leboncoin so perhaps you could look there?
Hi Emma

Just realised we never posted back here. We actually found our apartment on Leboncoin, and completed / moved here on September 29th 2017!