Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Moving to France with non EU spouse advice

Moving to France with non EU spouse advice

Old Apr 4th 2014, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to France with non EU spouse advice

Originally Posted by Red_widget
I thought that could be the case that I would need to register as self employed. According to several websites my wife would be able to stay with me should I register as self employed. Do you know of any good websites that list the process and the documentation needed if I wanted to register as self employed when I got there?
Come on to the TEFL Toulouse on facebook page - there is an excellent guide to AE registration there
Old Apr 4th 2014, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of our foreign students come over on a student visa (with permission to work) - they have to pay for lessons up front with approved companies - to then get french residency is very difficult I am afraid -
Old Apr 5th 2014, 6:42 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
Sorry but as a recruter for a language school the first part of this is rubbish - there is always work - at times harder than others but we regulalry recruit - TEFL and TESOL very useful

However I can confirm that monthly salaries are around 1000 a month - but with 11000 behind you in addition you should be fine - Toulouse, Paris and Lyon are big cities looking for English Trainers
So you'll give him proof he is employed (contract, payslips etc)? He should at least get that if you're going to give him a proper job and he will likely need it to get residence for his wife. Or is this just "work" you are proposing?
Old Apr 5th 2014, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
So you'll give him proof he is employed (contract, payslips etc)? He should at least get that if you're going to give him a proper job and he will likely need it to get residence for his wife. Or is this just "work" you are proposing?
The fact that they regularly recruit does rather suggest that in fact, they are constantly recruiting self-employed trainers for short-term assignments. Or, that there's a very high staff turnover. I can't see how student numbers would be permanently increasing.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

yes
Old Apr 5th 2014, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
The fact that they regularly recruit does rather suggest that in fact, they are constantly recruiting self-employed trainers for short-term assignments. Or, that there's a very high staff turnover. I can't see how student numbers would be permanently increasing.
No we regularly recruit because we are increasingly successful - we like to have a stable and happy staff
Old Apr 5th 2014, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

No we regularly recruit because we are increasingly successful - we like to have a stable and happy staff
Old Apr 5th 2014, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Red_widget is an unknown quantity at this point

Well that's all great to hear. TBH if you're recruiting in September time I'm very happy to come for an interview if you like :-)

Thanks everyone for all this information it's very useful
Old Apr 5th 2014, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

HI there

unlikely for the moment but alway happy to accept CVs -
Old Apr 5th 2014, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Exclamation Re: Moving to France with non EU spouse advice

I am sorry but once again I find your attitude rude and insulting - you dont know me, you dont know the company I work for and you dont know how often we recruit or how we recruit...

I am standing down from this discussion and frankly you are now pushing someone who has been a happy and contributive member of this forum for 7 years out of this site and off to somewhere where newcomers put down people they know nothing about
Old Apr 5th 2014, 6:49 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Blah, blah, blah!
I honestly don't know what your issue is but please take it elsewhere as DM has done nothing but help folk.

I am sorry but once again I find your attitude rude and insulting - you dont know me, you dont know the company I work for and you dont know how often we recruit or how we recruit...

I am standing down from this discussion and frankly you are now pushing someone who has been a happy and contributive member of this forum for 7 years out of this site and off to somewhere where newcomers put down people they know nothing about
Lots of Karma
Old Apr 6th 2014, 3:16 am
Just Joined

Red_widget is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much dennerlymum.

I'm not looking for work now it would be September time but I would be very interested in submitting a CV, but I have 3 questions.

1) What is the name of your company? [is it the link at the bottom of your posts]
2) When is the best time to apply for work in your opinion, is that start of the school year normally peak season for employing?
3) Does your company employ people before they have entered France, or do you wait till you have had a face to face interview in the school / company

Just to put my 2 cents in, I have found your comments very useful indeed and have given me great hope in moving to France.

Thank you
Old Apr 6th 2014, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi again R_w - a useful tip for when you're sending CVs out to potential employers or approaching potential clients in France as a freelancer, is to check the company out first on https://www.infogreffe.fr/societes/d...ntreprise.html or a similar site. Company information is available and you can see how long the company has been going, whether they're solvent, whether they're performing better or worse year on year, etc.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 8:34 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Blah, blah, blah!
Oops, sorry about that - I was showing a friend how to use the forum, search and create threads, quotes posts, send replies etc but I seem to have inadvertently posted this message. Sorry for any offence caused. Maybe someone could delete the post for me?
Old Apr 6th 2014, 2:43 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, sorry about that - I was showing a friend how to use the forum, search and create threads, quotes posts, send replies etc but I seem to have inadvertently posted this message. Sorry for any offence caused. Maybe someone could delete the post for me?
Yes, you post did seem a bit strange, and of course you can understand the reactions to it. But thanks for explaining and apologizing. I've removed it for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.