Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Growing Old in France

Growing Old in France

Old Oct 13th 2021, 7:15 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Growing Old in France

I wanted to post the following link in the FAQs above, but the thread has been closed.

https://apiwp.thelocal.com/20211011/...ner-in-france/

Is it possible to add it to the FAQs? It will be of interest to all retirees, but especially to potential retiree expats who might not be aware of the French law which rules that children and grandchildren can be called upon to make up the deficit if their elderly relative can't pay the care home fees. (I think that the "average" rent of 2000€ per month in an EHPAD is incorrect - IMO 2000€ would be the minimum.)
Old Oct 13th 2021, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Growing Old in France

Originally Posted by dmu
I wanted to post the following link in the FAQs above, but the thread has been closed.

https://apiwp.thelocal.com/20211011/...ner-in-france/

Is it possible to add it to the FAQs? It will be of interest to all retirees, but especially to potential retiree expats who might not be aware of the French law which rules that children and grandchildren can be called upon to make up the deficit if their elderly relative can't pay the care home fees. (I think that the "average" rent of 2000€ per month in an EHPAD is incorrect - IMO 2000€ would be the minimum.)

In addition HERE is a link to the government site which allows one to locate a nursing or retirement home in a given location in France.
And for info purposes, HERE's the link giving nursing homes just in the Toulouse area as I'm aware that there are many Brits that reside/retire there and to Haute Garonne (Department 31).
Note that the prices indicated are 'Prix mensuel par personne à partir de......so these can be regarded as the bare minimum, without extras such as laundry services, hairdressing and possibly a few others. I recall that in the foyer of the EPAD where we used to visit a family member, there was a vending machine for toothpaste and a few other toiletry items, which implies that similar items were not included in the basic care price of the establishment.
I agree with DMU, this could also be useful in the FAQ section 'Retirement in France'.
Old Oct 13th 2021, 9:20 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Growing Old in France

Both posts copied into the FAQ so will close this thread.

Rosemary