Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Moving to France

Moving to France

Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

mazza.1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to France

Hi, I'm a recent addition to this forum. Please, please can anyone out there help me. I have already asked this same question but no one has replied, maybe I didn't make myself clear so I will try one more time.

We are a family of five. My husband has just landed himself with a job at the aeurobus plant in Toulouse. We are hoping to move out there after Christmas and I can't seem to find any websites for rental agencies all I seem to come up with is rental accomodation for holidays. I would also be very grateful if anyone can give me information on schools in and around the area of Toulouse. My children are aged 14,12 and 9.

We are all very excited but I am especially anxious as it's all systems go and I am not really clued up. I would really like to hear from anyone who is living in or near to Toulouse and could give me some help.

From a very anxious mum.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 12:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to France

Originally posted by mazza.1
..... From a very anxious mum.
I'd be anxious too - you realize that Dubya is in London to plan the invasion of France, don't you?
Old Nov 20th 2003, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough

May I suggest you check with your husband's workplace for their help with arranging accommodation - I assume they have a personnel officer.

Alternatively try emailing the agents with your request and get them to do some of the legwork. My guess is that they advertise holiday homes on the internet for foreigners, and the locals read the local papers or look in the shop window for the permanent accommodation.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

Dawn
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

stlocook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to France

Originally posted by mazza.1
Hi, I'm a recent addition to this forum. Please, please can anyone out there help me. I have already asked this same question but no one has replied, maybe I didn't make myself clear so I will try one more time.

We are a family of five. My husband has just landed himself with a job at the aeurobus plant in Toulouse. We are hoping to move out there after Christmas and I can't seem to find any websites for rental agencies all I seem to come up with is rental accomodation for holidays. I would also be very grateful if anyone can give me information on schools in and around the area of Toulouse. My children are aged 14,12 and 9.

We are all very excited but I am especially anxious as it's all systems go and I am not really clued up. I would really like to hear from anyone who is living in or near to Toulouse and could give me some help.

From a very anxious mum.
I did try to send you an e-mail, but am absolutely hopeless with computers, so don't know if it arrived. I live at the other end of France, but have plenty of experience with schools!