Moving Away

Old May 22nd 2015, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving Away

Wonderful.

I have to say the advice given to the young girls who wants casual work for 6 months is terrific. Lots of good leads.
Old May 22nd 2015, 1:55 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonnet
Wonderful.

I have to say the advice given to the young girls who wants casual work for 6 months is terrific. Lots of good leads.
Grammar!!
Even if it's a typing error, practise what you preach!
Old May 22nd 2015, 2:03 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You've had your say...now please leave it...especially as InTours has left the building.
Alternatively Bonnet could try and keep her appointments with her designated psychiatrist.
Old May 22nd 2015, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

jsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond reputejsbach has a reputation beyond repute

Well Intours, with the spelling and grammar that you use I am not surprised you think all the superficial things about life in France are the only things worth having and th at no one else will be successful.
So take your arrogant empty reality and YOU value it, but don't expect others to think you have achieved anything. Perhaps you should learn some decent English first because if your children learn YOUR English they won't be anything more than roadsweepers in GB.
I joined this forum a few years ago and was immediately struck by the benevolence of regular posters. I experienced genuine kindness and relevant advice in equal measure from people who were generous with their time. Many of those individuals continue to make similar contributions by providing judgement-free advice to a plethora of complex issues.
Old May 22nd 2015, 2:51 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

It's true jsb, we all have something to contribute, and some more than others, but not necessarily on every single subject that crops up. Sometimes it is best to say nothing and appear stupid than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Old May 22nd 2015, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jsbach
I joined this forum a few years ago and was immediately struck by the benevolence of regular posters. I experienced genuine kindness and relevant advice in equal measure from people who were generous with their time. Many of those individuals continue to make similar contributions by providing judgement-free advice to a plethora of complex issues.
+1
This is not directed at any individual.
My experience on the France forum was that it was more helpful and less judgemental and acrimonious than many others.
Members gave their opinion and their experience which allowed the OP to find what was appropriate to their situation.
In certain other forums - or should one say fora some members seemed to use their anonymous persona for behaviour that they would not consider in a direct conversation.
That is why I have remained with BE.
Old May 22nd 2015, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

+2
That is a very solid second or third from me. I have been debating making exactly the same post. It is largely the reason I have been absent for the last month or so.
On the France forum, we have all upon occasion sometimes disagreed, but then generally agreed to disagree.
I cannot recall a moderator ever becoming involved (except as an interested party) before.
Old May 22nd 2015, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnet is an unknown quantity at this point

I have never been in a forum such as this and been insulted for my choice of where I live or my lifestyle by some arrogant unintelligent materialistic idiot. I accept typos but not repeated mistakes using the same repeated faults. They happen to be common ones amongst those who didn't do very ell in school. So he can stop telling me what is valuable and what is not. I rate his "advice" as minus zero because it comes from a closed minded insular twerp. I have never been ridiculed for trying to make an 80 year old man happy by helping him pick grapes. I have never been called as living in "rural France" with four major cities within an hour each way. Plus Toulouse two hours away.I have never been criticised or ridiculed for not appreciating some blue car he thinks is the definition of civilised living.

He assume everyone wants to come to France to live like an urban milionaire. He knows nothing about me or my life but feels free to criticise and denigrate it, not just when in direct conversation but he drops it into other conversations. If I was sure I would call him a troll.

I do not try to give advice about things I know little about...and others know more than I do about various wrinkles but there are some things I DO know about which may differ from these...ie agriculture and its formalities, animals and animal transport and various cultural issues. I joined this forum because I have certain experiences which may prove useful. Others have theirs but I DIDN'T join to have my life ridiculed.

As it is I don't have all that much time to read this forum...I have an OP due to go into hospital, three dogs and a cat (all rescue...oh yes, then someone did tell me off for thinking about buying a pedigree dog)and two jobs to cover. and they are not grape picking.

and this is just infantile:
"Alternatively Bonnet could try and keep her appointments with her designated psychiatrist."

and indeed the words of a troll.It is unnecessry provocation and playground behaviour.
Old May 22nd 2015, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

I have never been in a forum such as this and been insulted for my choice of where I live or my lifestyle by some arrogant unintelligent materialistic idiot. I accept typos but not repeated mistakes using the same repeated faults. They happen to be common ones amongst those who didn't do very ell in school. So he can stop telling me what is valuable and what is not. I rate his "advice" as minus zero because it comes from a closed minded insular twerp. I have never been ridiculed for trying to make an 80 year old man happy by helping him pick grapes. I have never been called as living in "rural France" with four major cities within an hour each way. Plus Toulouse two hours away.I have never been criticised or ridiculed for not appreciating some blue car he thinks is the definition of civilised living.

He assume everyone wants to come to France to live like an urban milionaire. He knows nothing about me or my life but feels free to criticise and denigrate it, not just when in direct conversation but he drops it into other conversations. If I was sure I would call him a troll.

I do not try to give advice about things I know little about...and others know more than I do about various wrinkles but there are some things I DO know about which may differ from these...ie agriculture and its formalities, animals and animal transport and various cultural issues. I joined this forum because I have certain experiences which may prove useful. Others have theirs but I DIDN'T join to have my life ridiculed.

As it is I don't have all that much time to read this forum...I have an OP due to go into hospital, three dogs and a cat (all rescue...oh yes, then someone did tell me off for thinking about buying a pedigree dog)and two jobs to cover. and they are not grape picking.

and this is just infantile:
"Alternatively Bonnet could try and keep her appointments with her designated psychiatrist."

and indeed the words of a troll.It is unnecessry provocation and playground behaviour.
It is your choice.

Last edited by cyrian; May 22nd 2015 at 4:18 pm.
Old May 22nd 2015, 4:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Enough already!! Please keep to the topic of this thread or the thread will be closed. If anyone has an issue with another member please take it to PM...or alternatively please put the member/s on ignore.

Thank you.
Old May 22nd 2015, 4:10 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
I cannot recall a moderator ever becoming involved (except as an interested party) before.
Neither can I. I think BEVS is watching over this thread and I won't be surprised if she closes it.
I, for one, won't continue to contribute to it, as the OP left long ago....
Ooops, this crossed with JerseyGirl's post!
Old May 22nd 2015, 4:33 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Enough already!! Please keep to the topic of this thread or the thread will be closed. If anyone has an issue with another member please take it to PM...or alternatively please put the member/s on ignore.

Thank you.
Point taken boss. As a matter of interest, how do I put Bonnet on ignore?
Old May 22nd 2015, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
Point taken boss. As a matter of interest, how do I put Bonnet on ignore?
If you want to ignore someone then go to their statistics page and click on "user lists".
Old May 22nd 2015, 4:50 pm
Hostage Negotiator

Originally Posted by cyrian
If you want to ignore someone then go to their statistics page and click on "user lists".
Thanks so much Cyrian - I must say that is rather hidden away but well worth finding! Not sure if the thread will make much sense now though.
Old May 26th 2015, 3:45 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cyrian
+1
This is not directed at any individual.
My experience on the France forum was that it was more helpful and less judgemental and acrimonious than many others.
Members gave their opinion and their experience which allowed the OP to find what was appropriate to their situation.
In certain other forums - or should one say fora some members seemed to use their anonymous persona for behaviour that they would not consider in a direct conversation.
That is why I have remained with BE.
Originally Posted by bigglesworth
+2
That is a very solid second or third from me. I have been debating making exactly the same post. It is largely the reason I have been absent for the last month or so.
On the France forum, we have all upon occasion sometimes disagreed, but then generally agreed to disagree.
I agree. This forum has always really self-moderated itself with maturity , caring , tolerance and understanding. You're all a lovely bunch and if I hadn't made the wrong turn somewhere to end up in New Zealand instead of France , it would have been my pleasure to try to meet many of you.

So it is with some astonishment and regret that I have decided to close this thread. It is a shame as it all started off so well but I'm sure most all of you regulars will agree it has run its course .