Reload this Page >

Motorcycle Exchange

Motorcycle Exchange

Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:34 am
Just Joined

stevieb1971 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Motorcycle Exchange

Hi

I will soon be moving to France, and think it will be important to have a motorcycle license to get to work. If I was to take my motorbike license just before I go will I have issues to exchange it for a french one as i have only recently passed?

I know I am not obligied to exchange. I do not want to provoke responses of do not exchange, I just want to know if i will encounter problems if I exchange. maybe I get some points or something and I am forced to exchange.

Thanks for any help

StevieB
Old Apr 30th 2012, 3:08 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Motorcycle Exchange

Originally Posted by stevieb1971
Hi

I will soon be moving to France, and think it will be important to have a motorcycle license to get to work. If I was to take my motorbike license just before I go will I have issues to exchange it for a french one as i have only recently passed?

I know I am not obligied to exchange. I do not want to provoke responses of do not exchange, I just want to know if i will encounter problems if I exchange. maybe I get some points or something and I am forced to exchange.

Thanks for any help

StevieB
Welcome to the Forum.

You can exchange if you want, It's pretty straight forwards really. We had to have a medical as our photos were out of date and even that was amusingly easy. But we did happen to know the doctor that did it which came as a surprise to us as we didn't realise he was a doctor.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

stevieb1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

So you do not think it will be a problem due to the short duration that the motorcycle element was obtained....?

Thanks

Darren
Old Apr 30th 2012, 5:58 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stevieb1971
Hi

So you do not think it will be a problem due to the short duration that the motorcycle element was obtained....?

Thanks

Darren
Not that I'm aware of, We may have other members that can shed more light on this.