moped import

Old Nov 12th 2008, 3:38 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of
Default moped import

I have been ask a question by fellow Britt.which i cannot answer;

He has in U.K. a 50cc scouter wich he wishes to bring to France;

Is there a need to tell anybody about it;as it needs no reg.here in france,just insurance.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moped import

Originally Posted by stanage2
I have been ask a question by fellow Britt.which i cannot answer;

He has in U.K. a 50cc scouter wich he wishes to bring to France;

Is there a need to tell anybody about it;as it needs no reg.here in france,just insurance.

Have you had a look at this website - think it might help
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...cle/DG_4022582
Old Nov 12th 2008, 3:50 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by val50
Have you had a look at this website - think it might help
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...cle/DG_4022582

Thanks Boss:sneaky

Think i might have to reclaim above, that site is for the wrong side of the water.

Last edited by stanage2; Nov 12th 2008 at 3:56 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:12 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have another look if I were you Stanage, it's entitled 'Taking a vehicle out of the UK both temporarily or permanently'.

The VIN number (needs to be provided to the assurance) will be registered (I would imagine) with the DVLA, as even 50cc scooters in the UK have to have a registration. Therefore the French assurance co. would know it's an import. They may, or may not decide it has a place here in France.

Count to 10 if you like, I'm only answering your question.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Le Chant
I'd have another look if I were you Stanage, it's entitled 'Taking a vehicle out of the UK both temporarily or permanently'.

The VIN number (needs to be provided to the assurance) will be registered (I would imagine) with the DVLA, as even 50cc scooters in the UK have to have a registration. Therefore the French assurance co. would know it's an import. They may, or may not decide it has a place here in France.

Count to 10 if you like, I'm only answering your question.

thanks Stu, glad someone reads my posts properly
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:28 am

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
thanks Stu, glad someone reads my posts properly
NP Val. Poor old Stanage2 can't help it if in the troisieme age your eyes fail and your mind isn't quite what it was. Just watch out for the dribble...