Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Micro entrepreneur

Micro entrepreneur

Old Jul 22nd 2017, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

StephenD22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Micro entrepreneur

Can anyone tell me what the equivalent to forming a limited company in France is and what are the advantages / disadvantages.
My wife and I are currently going down ME route but we are not sure if it the best way as we are thinking if multiple ways to make an income.
Although I have moved with my French wife and there is some family support it seems that everyone is employed rather than self employed so cannot really shed any light.
Most grateful, Steve
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Micro entrepreneur

https://www.afecreation.fr/pid223/7-...juridique.html
should provide all the information you need.
There are links to comparison tables where you can see the various statuts compared on a range of criteria, and also a little tool you can use to see which option it recommends to you, based on your answers to 5 questions. But I think you need to read through it all - choosing the right set up can make all the difference between making a go of the business, and not.
Don't just choose micro entreprise because it looks easy. It doesn't suit all business models, and for a start if you and your wife are working in partnership (you keep saying "we") then it's probably not going to be the best option for you. ME was created for one-man-bands who want to set up a simple low turnover business, and that's how it works best.

Last edited by EuroTrash; Jul 22nd 2017 at 4:48 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Purple Jim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Micro entrepreneur

Info here:
https://www.lautoentrepreneur.fr/

The easiest way to begin with less admin than being a SARL (PLC).
If your turnover goes over 70 000 euros, you then have to become a SARL (or EURL if you are alone in the enterprise).
Go over 33 000 or so, you must have a VAT number and charge it.
As an auto-entrepreneur (or micro entreprise - same thing) you must put aside 25% of incoming money to pay your contributions (prévoyance, retraite,...). I do that through the CIPAV.