Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Marks & Spencer UK site refuse to sell to France - Once again

Marks & Spencer UK site refuse to sell to France - Once again

Old Oct 22nd 2017, 2:48 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marks & Spencer UK site refuse to sell to France - Once again

Originally Posted by grannybunz
As for the crackers, micemeat etc- make your own!!
You know, I've never though of using mice
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 3:07 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Novo I would happily shop in French shops - if they sold shoes to fit me!!! You should experience the huniliation of going into a French shoe shop as a woman with size 43 feet
Buy men's shoes? I'm size 46 and have no problem.
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

bhamham is an unknown quantity at this point

Our M&S in Paris on Ledru-Rollin in the 11e is still open. Are all closing?

The only thing I buy there is the cheddar; well, in a weak moment it's the bakewell tarts too, and...

I'd loved to find a good mature French cheddar; any recommendations?
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
You know, I've never though of using mice
I'll send you a jar of you like!
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Buy men's shoes? I'm size 46 and have no problem.
Stop boasting.

They wouldn't go with my ball gown anyway!
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 3:20 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Stop boasting.

They wouldn't go with my ball gown anyway!
That's life in the hameau. Balls!
Old Oct 29th 2017, 8:14 am
JWL
Forum Regular

JWL has a reputation beyond reputeJWL has a reputation beyond reputeJWL has a reputation beyond reputeJWL has a reputation beyond reputeJWL has a reputation beyond reputeJWL has a reputation beyond reputeJWL has a reputation beyond reputeJWL has a reputation beyond reputeJWL has a reputation beyond reputeJWL has a reputation beyond reputeJWL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Sorry, but this thread is entirely ridiculous. It appear that you've lived in France for a while but are suggesting that goods of equal quality and value aren't obtainable here?

I often wonder why Brits (especially ex-pat ones) seem to equate M&S with the Glory Days of Empire.

Shop in french shops. Doh!
You might well laff, but this is surely only the thin edge of the wedge. After this devastating move, it's only a matter of time before the Empire begins to fall apart and the fuzzy wuzzies come screaming over the svelte..M&S was all that stood between Glory and Gory.....
Old Oct 29th 2017, 10:37 am
Cad
Forum Regular

Cad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bhamham
Our M&S in Paris on Ledru-Rollin in the 11e is still open. Are all closing?

The only thing I buy there is the cheddar; well, in a weak moment it's the bakewell tarts too, and...

I'd loved to find a good mature French cheddar; any recommendations?
Whats wrong with a good Cantal, comes in three ages jeune,entre deux and vieux I usually buy a kilo at a time of whats on offer if jeune let it mature in the cave.
Old Oct 29th 2017, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't equate M7S with the Glory Days of anything, just being able to get some items of clothing that actually fit. The morphology of the average French person male or female is completely different from that of the average Anglo Saxon ! What's more they send things postage free and I can pay with my carte bleu.
Old Oct 29th 2017, 11:05 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

I don't equate M7S with the Glory Days of anything, just being able to get some items of clothing that actually fit. The morphology of the average French person male or female is completely different from that of the average Anglo Saxon ! What's more they send things postage free and I can pay with my carte bleu.
Quite agree! I always buy M&S lingerie and trousers (usually on the French site as I don't go to the UK very often), since I'm not the same shape as your average French lady!
I forgot to multi-quote, so will add that French Cheddar isn't included in the 365 French cheeses. Apart from Cantal, Comté is a good equivalent, or Beaufort.
Old Oct 29th 2017, 9:26 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by JWL
You might well laff, but this is surely only the thin edge of the wedge. After this devastating move, it's only a matter of time before the Empire begins to fall apart and the fuzzy wuzzies come screaming over the svelte..M&S was all that stood between Glory and Gory.....
Well put. Or in the dead vernacular of the Graiudiad talk sire, GPWM!
Old Oct 29th 2017, 9:30 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by dmu
Quite agree! I always buy M&S lingerie and trousers (usually on the French site as I don't go to the UK very often), since I'm not the same shape as your average French lady!
I forgot to multi-quote, so will add that French Cheddar isn't included in the 365 French cheeses. Apart from Cantal, Comté is a good equivalent, or Beaufort.
Sorry my friends, but no-one, female or otherwise, is the average shape of a population of any particular country.

It's why they have different sock sizes.
Old Oct 29th 2017, 10:43 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Grannybunz you should check out Boden. They will send to just about anywhere, quality is excellent. And look beyond the "yummy mummy" photos - my mother in law loved their cardigans and skirts, albeit in the not so bright prints.
Old Oct 29th 2017, 11:06 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JWL
i think the svelte is the problem
Old Oct 30th 2017, 7:57 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Grannybunz you should check out Boden. They will send to just about anywhere, quality is excellent. And look beyond the "yummy mummy" photos - my mother in law loved their cardigans and skirts, albeit in the not so bright prints.
Thanks for the suggestion - I looked at the Boden.fr site and found some trousers that might suit, at double M&S prices, but no lingerie. So I'll stick with M&S which I know from experience will fit...
@novo - all French ladies seem to have extremely long legs, and trousers are cut for them (and I hate putting up hems), whereas M&S have 3 lengths to choose from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.