Reload this Page >

Looking for my Aunt

Looking for my Aunt

Old Sep 21st 2017, 10:04 am
Just Joined

GORDON YOUNG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for my Aunt

Hi
I have opened this link in the hope of finding my Aunt, Rhona Mote, who has lived in France since the sixties, mainly around Riberac, her husband John is buried in Riberac.
She is now in her mid nineties and is no longer living at the address we had for her. We suspect that she may have moved to some form of care home. As you may guess we did not have a great deal of contact with her and had wanted to notify her that her sister had died recently. It was at this point that we noted she had moved.
The last known address was
Mme Rhona Mote, Appt 14 Le Petit Grolaud 24600 Riberac France

If anyone can advise of her current location or can offer any advice in this matter I would be very grateful.
regards
Gordon Young
Old Sep 21st 2017, 10:37 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by GORDON YOUNG
Hi
I have opened this link in the hope of finding my Aunt, Rhona Mote, who has lived in France since the sixties, mainly around Riberac, her husband John is buried in Riberac.
She is now in her mid nineties and is no longer living at the address we had for her. We suspect that she may have moved to some form of care home. As you may guess we did not have a great deal of contact with her and had wanted to notify her that her sister had died recently. It was at this point that we noted she had moved.

If anyone can advise of her current location or can offer any advice in this matter I would be very grateful.
regards
Gordon Young
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
You'd do better to post again in the main forum below, mentioning Search for relative in Riberac, for example. This is simply an Introduction thread and your request will be swallowed up by the next post.
If no one in the area can help, try a dedicated Dordogne forum.
Good luck with your search!
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

I see there's a mention of a Rhona (& John) Mote in THIS publication page 5.
Out of date by some 5 years, plus the article refers to a 70's archives, but there are a number of e-mail adresses & tel nos there which could shed some more recent info.
Perhaps an even better place to research may be the Chaplaincy of Aquitaine. Link HERE. You will note there is an 'Admin' heading, which details many contact e-mail adresses, some of which could well assist you in your search.
Good luck!
Old Sep 25th 2017, 1:05 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Looking for my Aunt

Hi

regards
Gordon Young
I have moved this into a thread of its own and altered the title.
It would have been lost in the Intro thread
Old Oct 7th 2017, 2:01 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

regards
Gordon Young
I think the OP has left the building, but if you are still reading, was your Aunt's maiden name Marsh?
Old Oct 8th 2017, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Yes!
She was Born Rhona Marsh in Blackpool, Though she has described her birthplace as "near the Lakes"
Old Oct 8th 2017, 11:40 am
Just Joined

She Married John in the 60's and lived between the Riberac area and Spain for a time then solely in France. John is buried in the Riberac area.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 12:28 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

She Married John in the 60's and lived between the Riberac area and Spain for a time then solely in France. John is buried in the Riberac area.
Check your PM.