British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   Looking for my Aunt (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/looking-my-aunt-903769/)

GORDON YOUNG Sep 21st 2017 10:04 am

Looking for my Aunt

Hi
I have opened this link in the hope of finding my Aunt, Rhona Mote, who has lived in France since the sixties, mainly around Riberac, her husband John is buried in Riberac.
She is now in her mid nineties and is no longer living at the address we had for her. We suspect that she may have moved to some form of care home. As you may guess we did not have a great deal of contact with her and had wanted to notify her that her sister had died recently. It was at this point that we noted she had moved.
The last known address was
Mme Rhona Mote, Appt 14 Le Petit Grolaud 24600 Riberac France

If anyone can advise of her current location or can offer any advice in this matter I would be very grateful.
regards
Gordon Young

dmu Sep 21st 2017 10:37 am

Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by GORDON YOUNG (Post 12343110)
Hi
I have opened this link in the hope of finding my Aunt, Rhona Mote, who has lived in France since the sixties, mainly around Riberac, her husband John is buried in Riberac.
She is now in her mid nineties and is no longer living at the address we had for her. We suspect that she may have moved to some form of care home. As you may guess we did not have a great deal of contact with her and had wanted to notify her that her sister had died recently. It was at this point that we noted she had moved.

If anyone can advise of her current location or can offer any advice in this matter I would be very grateful.
regards
Gordon Young

Hi, and welcome to the forum!
You'd do better to post again in the main forum below, mentioning Search for relative in Riberac, for example. This is simply an Introduction thread and your request will be swallowed up by the next post.
If no one in the area can help, try a dedicated Dordogne forum.
Good luck with your search!

Tweedpipe Sep 22nd 2017 1:44 pm

Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

I see there's a mention of a Rhona (& John) Mote in THIS publication page 5.
Out of date by some 5 years, plus the article refers to a 70's archives, but there are a number of e-mail adresses & tel nos there which could shed some more recent info.
Perhaps an even better place to research may be the Chaplaincy of Aquitaine. Link HERE. You will note there is an 'Admin' heading, which details many contact e-mail adresses, some of which could well assist you in your search.
Good luck!

BEVS Sep 25th 2017 1:05 am

Re: Looking for my Aunt

Hi

regards
Gordon Young

I have moved this into a thread of its own and altered the title.
It would have been lost in the Intro thread

Novocastrian Oct 7th 2017 2:01 pm

Hi

regards
Gordon Young

I think the OP has left the building, but if you are still reading, was your Aunt's maiden name Marsh?

GORDON YOUNG Oct 8th 2017 11:34 am

Yes!
She was Born Rhona Marsh in Blackpool, Though she has described her birthplace as "near the Lakes"

GORDON YOUNG Oct 8th 2017 11:40 am

She Married John in the 60's and lived between the Riberac area and Spain for a time then solely in France. John is buried in the Riberac area.

Novocastrian Oct 8th 2017 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by GORDON YOUNG (Post 12356357)
She Married John in the 60's and lived between the Riberac area and Spain for a time then solely in France. John is buried in the Riberac area.

Check your PM.