Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Linking CA and Paypal

Linking CA and Paypal

Old Dec 29th 2016, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

DayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to behold
Default Linking CA and Paypal

I already have linked my Credit Agricole account to my Paypal account, is it possible to link the other way around i.e. from the CA to Paypal and do they charge for transferring from the CA account to Paypal? Basically I want to keep the account active by transferring from CA to Paypal or visa versa.
Old Dec 29th 2016, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Linking CA and Paypal

Surely if it's linked it's linked, and you can transfer in both directions?
Do you mean you want to keep the CA account active?
Old Dec 29th 2016, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

DayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to beholdDayPerson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Surely if it's linked it's linked, and you can transfer in both directions?
Do you mean you want to keep the CA account active?
Sorry maybe I didn't explain it very well. On the Paypal account I have added the CA one so I can transfer from Paypal to CA but I will want to also transfer from the CA to Paypal. How do you set this up in CA?

I just want to be able to transfer money inbetween the two to keep it open and 'active' without having to withdraw Euros from the cashpoint with a view to eventually transferring the balance to paypal when I do close it.
Old Dec 29th 2016, 10:13 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

OK, well I tried to get my paypal.fr account to open up but now that I am in the USA, it won't do it! Anyway, I found instructions in english, maybe give it a try and get back to us if it doesn't work? It seems fairly easy..... (famous last words!)
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/a...ccount-FAQ1348
Old Dec 30th 2016, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

I just added my CA card to my existing (and long standing pre France) UK Paypal A/C.

If buying in Euros I simply choose that method for payment.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 1:56 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Im_and_Er
I just added my CA card to my existing (and long standing pre France) UK Paypal A/C.

If buying in Euros I simply choose that method for payment.
I've got feeling that the OP may not have a debit card associated with the CA account.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies, but what I am really after is adding my paypal account to my CA online. Maybe I didn't explain it very well?
Old Dec 30th 2016, 4:37 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DayPerson
Thanks for the replies, but what I am really after is adding my paypal account to my CA online. Maybe I didn't explain it very well?
Do you have a Visa debit card (or similar) with your CA account?
Old Dec 30th 2016, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Do you have a Visa debit card (or similar) with your CA account?
No, I just have what I thought was a free account (no chequebook or card) although they took 10E out of my account under "Frais de tenue de compte activf". Is this normal for CA accounts?
Old Dec 30th 2016, 5:27 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by DayPerson
No, I just have what I thought was a free account (no chequebook or card) although they took 10E out of my account under "Frais de tenue de compte activf". Is this normal for CA accounts?
I've never banked with CA but it wouldn't shock me if they levy a fee to keep an account open when there's been no activity for a while. My French bank doesn't do that though.

I think I read on another thread that it's not possible to add a new payee to online banking without visiting the branch in person. I'm certainly no expert though so this may or may not be true.

Why not just close the account? Send a registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt and include details (IBAN) of the account to which they should transfer the balance?
Old Dec 30th 2016, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Unless I'm misunderstanding completely: if you have linked and confirmed the linkage of your (Credit Agricole) bank account to your PayPal account, you would manage payments to & withdrawals from the CA account from PayPal. There is no need (nor do I think it possible) to add PayPal to your bank account.
Old Dec 31st 2016, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Surely petitefrançaise answered this in post 4. Your accounts are linked. PF explained how to transfer money from a linked bank account into your paypal account. Is that not exactly what you want to do?
You don't set up the transaction from the bank end, you set it up from the paypal end, you instruct paypal to take the money from your account rather than instructing your bank to send it to your paypal account. But the end result is exactly the same. AFAIK it is the only way to do it, you cannot set a paypal account up as a recipient for bank transfers in the same way as you can with a bank account because a paypal account doesn't work like a bank account, it uses your email address not your account number.
EDIT - post crossed with Shirtback who explained it better ;-)
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

Somehow you need to register your basic CA A/C with Paypal but I have no idea how you do that or if it's even possible !