Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Leaving soon :o( *gulp*

Leaving soon :o( *gulp*

Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Moosette is a jewel in the roughMoosette is a jewel in the roughMoosette is a jewel in the roughMoosette is a jewel in the rough
Default Leaving soon :o( *gulp*

I am leaving France in about six weeks' time after two glorious years. I am terrified! The next stage of my life should be very exciting, but I have fallen in love with Haute-Savoie and France in general and I question daily whether I have made the right decision to leave. It took guts to move here on my own when I knew nobody who lived here, but it feels like leaving is going to be very tough in a different way! I will miss just about everything: the language; the friends I have made here; soirées and the apéritif-entrée-plat-dessert-café routine; reblochon; tartiflette; saucisson sec; decent wine which doesn't cost the earth; the Alps, fresh lakes and forests on my doorstep; the snow in winter; the sun in summer; markets; brocantes....and a million other things. Of the places I have inhabited during my life, this has been my favourite. At times it has felt like I found paradise.

This is a pretty pointless post as I'm not actually saying anything useful, but I get a lump in my throat whenever I stop to think about the fact that I won't be living here any more in a few weeks' time. I suppose I just want some sympathy from people who really understand what a wonderful place this is and why it is hard to give it up. I have very little idea of exactly what the future will bring because everything seems so hopelessly mixed up and there are so many factors pulling me in very different directions. Despite all that the next few years promise to bring, I still hope that one day France might welcome me back again.

Gros bisous from a pensive and uncertain Moosette xx
Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:10 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving soon :o( *gulp*

This may be a daft question, but why on EARTH are you going?

Andy
Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:43 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving soon :o( *gulp*

No don't do it.
There is a Moose out there who will come to your rescue soon (hurry up. He has seen many a squashed friend but never has he said 'I am off' so you too should refrain and call again to the sky "Where is the marsh? Why am I hungry?" and consider again your decision.

Good luck.