Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Chronopost again.

Chronopost again.

Old Jul 3rd 2017, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chronopost again.

I know it's a pain but I am in utter despair about Chronopost deliveries here and i would just love to know what I can do about them because nothing I have tried has improved the service or even got any answers,

It is only recently we have had street names and numbers but these are now well established and seem to work well in just about every other circumstance. Indeed the very last CP delivery we had turned up at the door on the right date at the right place.

I was told to expect a parcel tomorrow- July 4th. No problem I thought.

On Saturday at about 10.00am the phone rang. There was a loud crackling on the line but I caught the word "Livraison" . The phone rang again twice more but just noise,

About half an hour later an email popped into my box saying that CP would be delivering said parcel today between 8.00 etc etc. Later in the day I checked the status which was "delivered".

I tried to ring CP this morning - no answer. Then again, at about 10.30 another email - parcel will be delivered today etc. At that very moment a phone call. CP telling me that the parcel had been left "Somewhere" up in the village on Saturday and we could collect it. Grandpabunz rang round a few places but no-one admits to having it.

I finally got through to CP who blamed me for not having an app on my smartphone to track said parcel. Delivery man had tried to ring to tell me to come up the road to collect it but couldn't get an answer. Didn't seem in
the least impressed that I didn't have a smart phone because, as the delivery man found, there is absolutely no signal in the hameau. Also I have very limited mobility and couldn't possibly have got up the cellar stairs and along the road to get something which could easily have been brought to the door,

I asked for an address to make a formal written complaint they said not possible. When I asked where to send such a compalint audible shrug. Anyone got any clues?? I can't find anywhere on the website for comments complaints etc.

Maybe I'm just being a very grumpy old English woman but I do speak French and I am a customer.

Apologies for letting rip to you all but i really want to find a way round this.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 2:01 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chronopost again.

Originally Posted by grannybunz
I know it's a pain but I am in utter despair about Chronopost deliveries here and i would just love to know what I can do about them because nothing I have tried has improved the service or even got any answers,

It is only recently we have had street names and numbers but these are now well established and seem to work well in just about every other circumstance. Indeed the very last CP delivery we had turned up at the door on the right date at the right place.

I was told to expect a parcel tomorrow- July 4th. No problem I thought.

On Saturday at about 10.00am the phone rang. There was a loud crackling on the line but I caught the word "Livraison" . The phone rang again twice more but just noise,

About half an hour later an email popped into my box saying that CP would be delivering said parcel today between 8.00 etc etc. Later in the day I checked the status which was "delivered".

I tried to ring CP this morning - no answer. Then again, at about 10.30 another email - parcel will be delivered today etc. At that very moment a phone call. CP telling me that the parcel had been left "Somewhere" up in the village on Saturday and we could collect it. Grandpabunz rang round a few places but no-one admits to having it.

I finally got through to CP who blamed me for not having an app on my smartphone to track said parcel. Delivery man had tried to ring to tell me to come up the road to collect it but couldn't get an answer. Didn't seem in
the least impressed that I didn't have a smart phone because, as the delivery man found, there is absolutely no signal in the hameau. Also I have very limited mobility and couldn't possibly have got up the cellar stairs and along the road to get something which could easily have been brought to the door,

I asked for an address to make a formal written complaint they said not possible. When I asked where to send such a compalint audible shrug. Anyone got any clues?? I can't find anywhere on the website for comments complaints etc.

Maybe I'm just being a very grumpy old English woman but I do speak French and I am a customer.

Apologies for letting rip to you all but i really want to find a way round this.
It will be at one of your nearest Point Relais or the post office, around here it will depend on the attempted time of delivery and the day as to which Point Relais has been used.

Last edited by Chatter Static; Jul 3rd 2017 at 2:03 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't we've tried them. We have located it to a small kiosk which is only open at the weekends apart from a holiday job student who hasn't access to the locked cupboard.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Service Clients Particuliers (0969-391-391)

Chronopost S.A.
10 Place du Général de Gaulle
92768 Antony Cedex

Good Luck (BTW your Poitrine recipe was excellent, thanks)
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

We;ve called them and the senders . Both are completely puzzled and all their messages are telling lies. It actually is rather funny but, as far as we can gather a fed-up delivery driver just dropped off the parcel somewhere and bu66^red off on Saturday.

We now seem to have half France running round like headless chickens. Wonder if we will ever get the parcel??

Glad you liked the recipe audio.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, the parcels turned up yesterday. A very nice man in a newly opened shop up in the village had it dumped on him on saturady and was just told it would be collected that day.

He took the trouble of asking at the Mairie for our telephone number.

Chronopost has been written to and telephoned both by us and by the company who sent it. Absolutely no reply to any communication. i called the senders to let them know it had turned up and the circumstances. They e-mailed me this morning saying they have threatened to cancel the contract with CP unless they have an immediate explanation - we are talking a large company here. I have been sent a E25.00 voucher for my inconvenience.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to chip in now.
Ordered something on Amazon over the weekend. Needed it before next Monday and the original estimated deliverywhen I placed the order was this Thursday (which was why I thought it would be safe to order it) but when the confirmation came through, it said Saturday. OK, that's just in time. Got the tracking number with Chronopost. Been looking at it ever since I got the original notification and it hasn't changed since Monday - it still says ""prêt � être expédié, il va être remis � la Poste".

Not looking good, is it - or do Chronopost sometimes deliver parcels but just not bother updating the tracking details?
Old Jul 6th 2017, 7:01 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
I'm going to chip in now.
Ordered something on Amazon over the weekend. Needed it before next Monday and the original estimated deliverywhen I placed the order was this Thursday (which was why I thought it would be safe to order it) but when the confirmation came through, it said Saturday. OK, that's just in time. Got the tracking number with Chronopost. Been looking at it ever since I got the original notification and it hasn't changed since Monday - it still says ""prêt � être expédié, il va être remis � la Poste".

Not looking good, is it - or do Chronopost sometimes deliver parcels but just not bother updating the tracking details?
It will still turn up Saturday, you have to take into account Amazon have two depots in France and a surprising amount will come from the Welsh depot as well. They transit goods between depots which will account for the delay but does not show as postage times i.e. no tracking details.

They make a cut from the postage so they always find the cheapest means to get it to you.

La poste do Saturday deliveries for Amazon be it Chronopost or Collisipoo, Chronopost can be handed over to third parties and they tend to do Saturday deliveries as well DPD gets given to La Poste as well. If it's UPS or Fedex then it's weekday only. TNT is hit and miss no pun intended.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks CS, you've given me hope.. T
It's actually coming from Germany. So how it has a chronopost tracking number in the first place I don't understand. I wish they hadn't given me a blinking tracking number, then I wouldn't be fretting over it.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 8:44 pm
Quien no sabe

Thanks CS, you've given me hope.. T
It's actually coming from Germany. So how it has a chronopost tracking number in the first place I don't understand. I wish they hadn't given me a blinking tracking number, then I wouldn't be fretting over it.
Because it gets a dispatch ticket with Chronopost long before it leaves one of the depot's. Biggest issue is La Poste Groupe "La Poste Chronopost and colissimo" have the worst tracking system on the planet then again maybe not I think USPS might actually be worse. USPS use a cheapest route algorithm and that is not quick or direct, I have had goods come from America go into Cologne then get shipped to the middle east being used as a aircraft wheel chock for six weeks then land in France goods then get a import duty bill.

The sender had replaced the goods as they were late and overnight via UPS got no import duty for same goods
Old Jul 7th 2017, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's moved overnight, now at Site Colis 59. I take it that means Dept 59? If so, could be here Saturday as promised.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's moved overnight, now at Site Colis 59. I take it that means Dept 59? If so, could be here Saturday as promised.
Chronopost is owned and run by dph - ie deutche posr therefore German!They make la Poste look positively efficient! We have been told today that they are only supposed to leave packages with a neighbour, and put a note telling you where into your mail box or at a PO.

Hope it arrives!.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 7:21 pm
Quien no sabe

Originally Posted by grannybunz
Chronopost is owned and run by dph - ie deutche posr therefore German!They make la Poste look positively efficient! We have been told today that they are only supposed to leave packages with a neighbour, and put a note telling you where into your mail box or at a PO.

Hope it arrives!.
Chronopost is owned by La Poste Groupe but managed by Geopost and DPD Group subsidiaries of the La Poste Groupe.

Logo's a slight trend.....

Spoiler:

Last edited by Chatter Static; Jul 7th 2017 at 9:09 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2017, 8:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Parcel delivered by my usual smiling postie.
If they'd just told me it would be delivered on Saturday, and not worried my brain with inviting me to track the darn thing's progress and then telling me it hadn't made any progress, I wouldn't have stressed.
But all's well that ends well.
Old Jul 8th 2017, 10:13 am
Quien no sabe

Parcel delivered by my usual smiling postie.
If they'd just told me it would be delivered on Saturday, and not worried my brain with inviting me to track the darn thing's progress and then telling me it hadn't made any progress, I wouldn't have stressed.
But all's well that ends well.
Glad to hear it......