Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

It's Quiz Night

It's Quiz Night

Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:19 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's Quiz Night

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!;
A two part question.

What are these symbols used in and what do they represent bonus points for exact match.

Group One
Group Two
Mahjong. First the Dragons, second the Seasons, (I think),

Am I close?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:51 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Mahjong. First the Dragons, second the Seasons, (I think),

Am I close?
Very right on the first, a little wrong on the second not the seasons but right game. Excellent game i just purchased a new wooden set i used to love playing it as a child a fun family game.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 4:29 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Very right on the first, a little wrong on the second not the seasons but right game. Excellent game i just purchased a new wooden set i used to love playing it as a child a fun family game.
The flowers then? I don't think its the winds, but I guess there are various "dialects".

We play a version which my parents-in-law learned when they lived in East Africa. All sorts of special hands, like knitting and windy chow etc. It's a great way to spend an evening.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 5:39 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

The flowers then? I don't think its the winds, but I guess there are various "dialects".

We play a version which my parents-in-law learned when they lived in East Africa. All sorts of special hands, like knitting and windy chow etc. It's a great way to spend an evening.
Winds it is..... Considering all the regions that play it the text varies a lot. It was a lot more popular in the UK and western regions in the early 1900's.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 5:47 pm
Born again atheist

Winds it is..... Considering all the regions that play it the text varies a lot. It was a lot more popular in the UK and western regions in the early 1900's.
My turn then? Let's try a variation...

Predict the score (and the scorers) in the Germany - Turkey EURO2008 semi-final which kicks off an hour from now. Closest prediction wins.

Old Jun 25th 2008, 7:19 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

My turn then? Let's try a variation...

Predict the score (and the scorers) in the Germany - Turkey EURO2008 semi-final which kicks off an hour from now. Closest prediction wins.

4 - 2 in the favour of the Kingdom of Kraut
Old Jun 25th 2008, 8:43 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by treskillard
4 - 2 in the favour of the Kingdom of Kraut
As the only entrant, you were always in with a chance tres. It was 3-2 so you probably would have won anyway!

Your serve.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:40 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

As the only entrant, you were always in with a chance tres. It was 3-2 so you probably would have won anyway!

Your serve.
White Stork, I'll have to think
Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:41 pm
down under where

Ow. Strange pains besiege me thus that I know not what I do...
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:11 pm
Born again atheist

Ow. Strange pains besiege me thus that I know not what I do...
It's much harder to set the questions than to answer them. Hence the score prediction cop-out.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:45 pm
down under where

It's much harder to set the questions than to answer them. Hence the score prediction cop-out.
Never.
The northwestern frontier would never hear of it.

<will you take my turn>
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:52 pm
down under where

NO.

I am made of sterner stuff than that.

Just give me a moment.

Or two.

Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:02 pm
Born again atheist

NO.

I am made of sterner stuff than that.

Just give me a moment.

Or two.

Your real name is Gunga Dhin, right?
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:05 pm
down under where

Your real name is Gunga Dhin, right?
Correct !

your turn
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:07 pm
Born again atheist

Correct !

your turn
LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.