Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / France

Old Sep 24th 2017, 4:43 pm   #1336
dmu Female
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellove View Post
Hey! It's so nice to meet you all. Good day...
Hi, and welcome to the France forum!
I see you have already posted on various other country forums. If you have questions on moving to France, post a New Thread in the main forum below, otherwise your post will get swallowed up by the next Introduction.
dmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st 2017, 8:15 am   #1337
StenG 
Just Joined

StenG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
I am planning on moving to France with my wife this winter, heading towards Correze where I have French friends. I am a maintenance gardener and will be looking for work. Despite speaking good French there is a lot that is new to me and once I get going I am going to be full of questions mostly about bureaucracy!
StenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st 2017, 8:39 am   #1338
dmu Female
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StenG View Post
Hi there,
I am planning on moving to France with my wife this winter, heading towards Correze where I have French friends. I am a maintenance gardener and will be looking for work. Despite speaking good French there is a lot that is new to me and once I get going I am going to be full of questions mostly about bureaucracy!
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Post again in the main forum below with your various questions, as your post will get swallowed up by the next introduction and may not be seen.
Meanwhile take a look at the Read Me: Moving to France FAQs, particularly Starting a Business (which you'll have to do as it's unlikely you'll find a salaried job in your field) and Healthcare insurance (the latest up-to-date posts). Upon arrival you'll need private healthcare until your professional status is organised and you're paying into the System. Also "Renting" if you intend to do so, or '"Inheritance Laws" if you are buying property.
Can your French friends on the spot advise on the potential market for your services? In my neck of the woods (rural), you'd have problems finding regular work due to the competition and the fact that many potential customers are tightening their belts due to the economic situation. Sorry not to be more optimistic, but fore-warned is fore-armed!
Old Oct 1st 2017, 2:46 pm   #1339
Just Joined

Piece Perdue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
I'm already living in the Charente, just looking to make new acquaintances and friends (everyone nearby seems to be retired) in the 30s and 40s bracket :0)

I've got 2 small kids (6&7) and love it here, life has changed though so looking to meet new people - especially who understand how tough it is being a single parent in an adopted country!

Have a great day!
Piece Perdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 8:53 am   #1340
dmu Female
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece Perdue View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm already living in the Charente, just looking to make new acquaintances and friends (everyone nearby seems to be retired) in the 30s and 40s bracket :0)

I've got 2 small kids (6&7) and love it here, life has changed though so looking to meet new people - especially who understand how tough it is being a single parent in an adopted country!

Have a great day!
Hi and welcome to the forum!
One way of meeting people and making friends is via your children - at the school gates, their friends' birthday parties, school, sports clubs or other activities.... You'll find that you aren't the only single parent....
You don't say whether you're working and how available you are, but there must be plenty of Clubs and Associations in your Commune that you could join and meet people with similar interests, at least during school time. Your Mairie will give you a list. Admittedly more difficult if the activities take place when there's no school and you have to find child-minders, but that's a personal choice...
Post again in the main forum below, as your present post will get swallowed up by the next Introduction.
Members will come along with other suggestions applicable nationwide, not particularly limited to the Charente....
Good luck!

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / France