Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old May 18th 2017, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Vinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

I have just realised, even though I've been posting on here for a while, I've never actually introduced myself.

I have recently moved to Narbonne to be with my (much) better half.

I am quite heavily immersed in wine (the handle is probably a giveaway).
Old May 18th 2017, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

That is a new one - to be immersed in wine.
Normally wine is immersed in me.
Old May 23rd 2017, 6:49 am
RobB

Rob9422 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default On the way to St.Raphael

Hello everybody

Great to discover and join the French section of the forum. I am English and married to a Swiss where we have been living for the last twenty years.
Now retired we are moving to France in late August, initially renting a flat in St.Raphael.
My only concern is that we can understand, and handle French bureaucracy.
Is it really as bad as I read, or simply down to how helpful your local Marie wants to be?
Old May 23rd 2017, 6:59 am
Cad
Forum Regular

Cad is an unknown quantity at this point

In my mind it depends on your attitude and also how much French you understand, in 30 years here yes we have come up with a few minor problems in three moves, but nothing like some have reported here and on other forums.
Perhaps been lucky but every mayor has been very helpful.
Old May 23rd 2017, 8:10 am
RobB

Thanks Cad

I'll keep that in mind. Do you have any thoughts on the French banks. And would it be inappropriate to ask you to recommended one ?
Old May 23rd 2017, 11:54 am
Cad
Forum Regular

Cad is an unknown quantity at this point

In our 30 years here we have had four banks some a bit of a farce, we use la poste our UK pension being paid into them and for day to day living.
C.A.for investments and complementary health insurance and business.

Last edited by Cad; May 23rd 2017 at 11:56 am.
Old May 23rd 2017, 12:33 pm
RobB

That's really helpful. Thanks so much.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

nottusbor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello , bonjour , watch'a etc

Hi all ,

Brit just in the process of buying in St laurent , Moribahan...have a list of questions coming this way
Old Jul 10th 2017, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nottusbor
Welcome to the forum
When you are ready to ask your questions then post them on the main body of the forum using the grey button on the left just above the banner.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 10:14 am
Just Joined

epo1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

I am moving to palavas les flots in December with my wife and daughter. It's just outside Montpellier! Really excited, as it will be my first time living abroad!
Old Jul 30th 2017, 8:25 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by epo1984
Hi all.

I am moving to palavas les flots in December with my wife and daughter. It's just outside Montpellier! Really excited, as it will be my first time living abroad!
Welcome to the Forum......
Old Aug 14th 2017, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Frenchbread is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

We (me, partner, four children and two dogs!) currently live in Oxfordshire and have recently decided to start planning our move to France.

My partner and I work very long hours and can't see a way of improving our current situation and still having enough money to pay the bills. After a recent holiday and looking at house prices in France we have realised we can live mortgage free and hopefully have a bit more quality family time.I have always loved visiting and felt that I could make France my home, but I cant quite believe that this may become a reality!

I am very much at the beginning of this journey and already have lots of questions that I will post on the main forum. Having started researching I am realising there is so much to consider and I want to try and ensure we get it right!

I look forward to talking with everyone.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 6:56 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frenchbread
Hello!

We (me, partner, four children and two dogs!) currently live in Oxfordshire and have recently decided to start planning our move to France.

My partner and I work very long hours and can't see a way of improving our current situation and still having enough money to pay the bills. After a recent holiday and looking at house prices in France we have realised we can live mortgage free and hopefully have a bit more quality family time.I have always loved visiting and felt that I could make France my home, but I cant quite believe that this may become a reality!

I am very much at the beginning of this journey and already have lots of questions that I will post on the main forum. Having started researching I am realising there is so much to consider and I want to try and ensure we get it right!

I look forward to talking with everyone.
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
Take a look at the Read-Me: Moving to France FAQs in the thread below, particularly schooling, "partner status", Inheritance Laws,... and, when you ask questions on the main forum, mention how good your French is, how old your children are, what your business is, and other details, so that we can best advise on such things as setting up a business and obtaining healthcare coverage.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Frenchbread is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
Take a look at the Read-Me: Moving to France FAQs in the thread below, particularly schooling, "partner status", Inheritance Laws,... and, when you ask questions on the main forum, mention how good your French is, how old your children are, what your business is, and other details, so that we can best advise on such things as setting up a business and obtaining healthcare coverage.
Thank you for this advice, I certainly will. I have started reading some of the Read-me threads already and they have been invaluable.

I must admit that I did start off with the 'OMG we can buy a huge house in the countryside' kind of excitement, but I am now back down to earth with a much more realistic and practical approach to making the move! I can see how it could be so easy to get swept up in it all but this will be such a big move for the family that I want to try and make sure we get it right (as much as we can anyway ). I have also read a couple of 'How not to move to France' type blogs and they have also been quite eye opening! Thanks again!
Old Sep 16th 2017, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Sarah7697 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone! Planning to move to the South of France so am joining the forum for ideas and advice. Sitting in freezing cold Yorkshire at the moment, dreaming of the Mediterranean!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.