Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Oct 18th 2016, 8:52 am
Just Joined

nicg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hi

Does anyone know of an English Wood burner installer in the Rhone Alpes region?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 9:30 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicg
Hi

Does anyone know of an English Wood burner installer in the Rhone Alpes region?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
This section is intended for introductions and your query will get swallowed up by the following ones, so post again in a New Thread in the main section below, specifying whether "English" goes with woodburner or installer.
You'll find "installateurs de poêles � bois" in the Pages Jaunes if a French person will do!
Old Oct 18th 2016, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that
Old Oct 18th 2016, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

Try an electrical retailer trading under the GITEM label.

If the reductions in VAT still apply then you will probably need to buy your wood burner from the person/firm who installs it.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Thats really helpful, thanks
Old Oct 24th 2016, 1:43 am
Just Joined

moggymiaow is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I am a British expat currently living in NZ and have been for over 10 years now and also have kiwi citizenship

We are wanting to semi retire and doubt very much we can do it here, property prices are high, so the cost of buying to rent out does not make sense here, but property prices in France are peanuts in comparison.
We also want to be closer to OH parents as the are getting older.

I will be asking loads of questions to do with buying and renting property in France.
Old Oct 24th 2016, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moggymiaow
Hi. I am a British expat currently living in NZ and have been for over 10 years now and also have kiwi citizenship

We are wanting to semi retire and doubt very much we can do it here, property prices are high, so the cost of buying to rent out does not make sense here, but property prices in France are peanuts in comparison.
We also want to be closer to OH parents as the are getting older.

I will be asking loads of questions to do with buying and renting property in France.
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
This section is to say hello so post your questions on the main French forum.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Vs4223 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone. I have just recently moved to Tours for my PhD. I'm a little older than most of the students (29) and haven't got much French under my belt yet. Any good ways to meet fellow Brits? Feeling a tad lost just now! Thanks.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

Details of Anglican( Church of England) church in Tours

Where we worship – Church in Touraine
Old Nov 12th 2016, 7:05 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vs4223
Hi everyone. I have just recently moved to Tours for my PhD. I'm a little older than most of the students (29) and haven't got much French under my belt yet. Any good ways to meet fellow Brits? Feeling a tad lost just now! Thanks.
Go along to your Mairie for a list of Clubs and Associations and join some that interest you. If there aren't any Expats, at least you'd meet French people with the same itnerests, and take it on from there!
Come onto the main forum below for any other queries - this is simply for people to introduce themselves and your post will be swallowed up by the following ones.
Old Nov 18th 2016, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

phil j c is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Just wanted to introduce myself as I have just joined. I'm moving to France, Annecy in January.

Never planned on moving to France but after being made redundant in september I was offered a new job in Annecy so Me my pregnant wife and 2year old are making the big jump!

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks Phil
Old Nov 18th 2016, 12:57 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by phil j c
Hi, Just wanted to introduce myself as I have just joined. I'm moving to France, Annecy in January.

Never planned on moving to France but after being made redundant in september I was offered a new job in Annecy so Me my pregnant wife and 2year old are making the big jump!

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks Phil
Wow, you're in for a few changes in your life and Annecy must be one of the nicest places to experience them! There are a few members in the area who can give local info.
Take a look in the "Read-Me Moving to France FAQs" in this section and, for what's not covered or not clear enough, ask on the main forum below in a "New Thread" for info on all steps to be taken for your wife's Social Security, giving birth in France, child-minding, etc.... This thread is for introductions and answers will get swallowed up by the following posts.
Old Nov 18th 2016, 1:06 pm
Cad
Forum Regular

Cad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Herman
Hello!
We moved to Paris a year ago. We agreed some time ago that one day we want to live in France as a few years ago we bought a ski apt in the Alps and we akways loved the country. I actually took a job with a large French company so that I could work on our grand plan of eventually securing a head office posting to France on expat terms (we previously had an expat posting to Sydney and have experienced the benefits!). After 2 years with the company I achieved that goal and we are now in France officially for 3 years. It looks like we could stay as one of the Directors of another business unit approached me last week as he wants an international team and he asked me to call him if we decide we want to stay in France. We are a yound family with a 21 month old daughter and our second, a boy, will be born in our local French hospital in May. We are still not completely decided whether we will ultimately stay in France, depends on the terms of any job I am offered and what the alternative might be in the UK. However, we do love France as much as ever, its diversity and culture, the attitudes to young children, the people we have met and the obsession with food and wine.
Welcome and good luck, having lived here for nearly 30 years I well know how you feel about France, even with all of the present day problems here we will never return to the UK.
Old Nov 20th 2016, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cad
Welcome and good luck, having lived here for nearly 30 years I well know how you feel about France, even with all of the present day problems here we will never return to the UK.

Wow, you appear to be providing an answer (and a welcome) to someone who last posted on the forum over 5 years ago. Or perhaps I'm missing something........?
Old Nov 21st 2016, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

And who hasn't been on the site since 2011.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.