Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old May 27th 2013, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

EdytaMK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to say hello to the forum which I think is great!

We have recently bought an apartment in Perpignan. We are planning to spend as much time as possible in France and hopefully move permanently later on. We are a couple around 40, no children and fall in love with this region because of mountains for skiing, climate and lovely food.

We don't know anybody in Perpignan as yet but hope to meet new people, make new friends, exchange ideas etc. If there is anybody from Perpignan or around and would like to share experiences, it would be great to meet up for coffee.

Thanks! Edyta
Old May 27th 2013, 9:01 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EdytaMK
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to say hello to the forum which I think is great!

We have recently bought an apartment in Perpignan. We are planning to spend as much time as possible in France and hopefully move permanently later on. We are a couple around 40, no children and fall in love with this region because of mountains for skiing, climate and lovely food.

We don't know anybody in Perpignan as yet but hope to meet new people, make new friends, exchange ideas etc. If there is anybody from Perpignan or around and would like to share experiences, it would be great to meet up for coffee.

Thanks! Edyta
Welcome to the Forum...
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:15 am
Just Joined

Rayo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I'm Ray. I've lived here in Tournay with my French wife for 5 years. I'm loving the life here. We can see the Pyronese from our house and menagerie!

I am looking forward to talking to you on serious topics and humour, so I will apologise in advance for some of the jokes I'm going to inflict on you!
Old Jun 26th 2013, 8:31 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rayo
Hello, I'm Ray. I've lived here in Tournay with my French wife for 5 years. I'm loving the life here. We can see the Pyronese from our house and menagerie!

I am looking forward to talking to you on serious topics and humour, so I will apologise in advance for some of the jokes I'm going to inflict on you!
You mean the Pyrenees right

Welcome to the section
Old Jun 26th 2013, 2:26 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rayo

The more jokes the merrier and welcome to BE. I get the feeling you are going to fit in well around here
Old Jun 27th 2013, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
You mean the Pyrenees right

Welcome to the section
Thank you Chatter. Yes I mean the Pyronees
Old Jun 27th 2013, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
The more jokes the merrier and welcome to BE. I get the feeling you are going to fit in well around here
Thank you, Sue for your welcome. I hope I fit in.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

vreez is an unknown quantity at this point

hello to all of yah
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:31 am
Just Joined

garyandandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Great site. We're hoping to move to Toulouse/Carcassone in the next few months ... any advice greatly received.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 7:24 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vreez
hello to all of yah
Hi vreez and garyandandy Lots of good advice available here. Post in main Forum with any particular queries. What's your interest area vreez?
Old Aug 26th 2013, 1:19 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome, welcome
Old Aug 29th 2013, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

K1CERB is an unknown quantity at this point

Evening all, Blimey it's been a time since I've posted on a Forum. Anyway, following a recent weekend visit to Deux-Sèvres, our 5 year 'possibly buy a French property' plan has been accelerated. Saw a fantastic property this weekend that will make a good holiday rental, with enough scope for us to use as an escape pod. Anyway, I look forward to contributing to this forum and maybe 'meeting' some interesting folks in the 'Cyber Bar'.

I'll get around to the footers with witty comments on over this coming weekend. Take care out there!

Keith P
K1 CERB
Old Aug 29th 2013, 7:55 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K1CERB
Evening all, Blimey it's been a time since I've posted on a Forum. Anyway, following a recent weekend visit to Deux-Sèvres, our 5 year 'possibly buy a French property' plan has been accelerated. Saw a fantastic property this weekend that will make a good holiday rental, with enough scope for us to use as an escape pod. Anyway, I look forward to contributing to this forum and maybe 'meeting' some interesting folks in the 'Cyber Bar'.

I'll get around to the footers with witty comments on over this coming weekend. Take care out there!

Keith P
K1 CERB
Hi Keith, welcome you're a tad south of us. Welcome, Post in main Forum if you have any queries; lots of knowledgeable peeps available with a wealth of info.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Clareann04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hello - My name is Clare I am currently an ex-pat Brit living with my husband in Switzerland. My husband is only a few more years away from retirement and we have recently started to look for a holiday/retirement home to purchase in France. The grand plan is to also have a small property in the West Country, probably Somerset where we will divide our time with family and friends living in England.
Our experience in Switzerland is that our lack of language skills here (German) has been a barrier to really getting to know the local community. We hope this will not be a problem in France as we both have a reasonable grasp on the language and we want to integrate and build on what we know and learn more.
Having said that it would be great to find an English speaking community in France where we will eventually settle.
We are looking for an area where we can enjoy the 'great outdoors' where the weather is not too extreme in winter. Hot summers we can cope with!
We only have a small budget for France - about £80k - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks - Clare
Old Sep 24th 2013, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Clare

You will find a lot of helpful people here. I suggest you repost on the France forum. We are not as numerous as the Spanish section, but we are a friendly bunch.

I suspect we will all recommend our own areas - otherwise why should we be living there?

Where we are - Poitou Charentes there is quite a large expat community - I was told in some parts it is 15 percent. Second highest sunshine hours in France. Property prices are pretty reasonable, as we are far from Paris and equally far from the South.

We ourselves decided accessibility to the UK to visit family was a major factor, so picked somewhere near the RN10, with a station linked to the UK and with two airports within an hour or so.

Weather here is usually okay in winter, but we have had a few weeks each winter for three years where the temperature has been resolutely below zero. But as I am sure you know, the trick to that is insulation and then more insulation.

Anyway, good luck, and feel free to lob a few more questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.