Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hi PJ. Nice to meet you. I'm flattered that you're managing to stay awake! S&L
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by smithyandlisa
Hi PJ. Nice to meet you. I'm flattered that you're managing to stay awake! S&L
only just S and L only just lol

PJ
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

hi S&L
Just checking where you are - looks like we are neighbours
We live in 41

PJ
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light

Hi PJ, We live in 72, right next door to you. S&L
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

jenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nice

The area where we are in the Gironde is kind of divided into two types of terrain. At the moment we are staying with friends in the biggest pine forest in europe. We are in a forest clearing at the end of a track and the terrain is very, very flat but twenty minutes away where our bungalow is being built it's gentle rolling hills surrounded by sunflower fields and vineyards, the difference is so marked. We also liked the terrain in the Dordogne where we planned to live originally, it was just the houses available to us were a bit too run down and needed lots of work on them. We wouldn't have minded decorating etc. but we have no building skills required for major surgery. The estate agents have these white elephants that must be hard to off-load, an english couple with cash in pocket is very attractive !
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

jenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nice

P.S
We are in 33
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jenny and Charlie, You sound sooo much like us two. We 'mooch and potter' too and love it! I don't know how we send a private message on here but perhaps that might be an idea so that we don't bore everyone with our ramblings. S&L
Click on the person's name in blue at the left of the page. You will then be offered options including sending a private mail. Enjoy making new friends.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onlyonebrenda
Click on the person's name in blue at the left of the page. You will then be offered options including sending a private mail. Enjoy making new friends.
Thanks for the tip. How long have you lived in France?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the tip. How long have you lived in France?
Since November 2006 - quite a steep learning curve. Did you know there's some quite sizeable concessions for newbuilds -50% of total value in 2009 dropping to 25% under the new scheme in 2010. You get it spread over 9 years.
Destinée à relancer l'achat de logements, la réforme du régime fiscal Robien-Borloo, pour l'investissement locatif, porte le nom du parlementaire à l'origine de son adoption, Scellier. De quoi s'agit-il exactement ? L'avantage fiscal Robien prévoit que l'achat d'un logement neuf pour sa mise en location permet, sous certaines conditions, de déduire une partie du coût de cet achat. Sur une période de 9 ans, l'investisseur peut déduire chaque année de son revenu imposable un " amortissement ", c'est-à-dire une fraction du prix d'achat du logement qui, au total, représente 50% de ce prix. Le régime Borloo permet de bénéficier d'une déduction de 50% ou 65% sur une période de 9 ou 15 ans, moyennant des conditions de mise en location plus restrictives pour le propriétaire investisseur. Avec la nouvelle réforme Scellier, la déduction se fait directement au niveau de l'impôt sur le revenu à payer. Cette nouvelle réduction d'impôt Scellier, également étalée sur 9 ans, est égale à 25% du prix du logement, retenu dans la limite de 300.000 euros, pour les investissements réalisés en 2009 et en 2010. Le taux de la réduction est de 20% pour le logement acquis en 2011. Pour les seuls investissements 2009, le contribuable aura le choix entre les régimes Robien ou Borloo (déduction du revenu imposable) et la réduction d'impôt Scellier.

Alors, quelle différence y-a-t-il entre Robien-Borloo et Scellier ? Les mécanismes Robien-Borloo avantagent ceux qui sont les plus fortement imposés. Par exemple, une déduction de 10.000 euros d'un revenu imposable taxé à 40% procure un avantage de 4.000 euros, mais seulement de 1.400 euros si le revenu est taxé à 14%. Avec Scellier, tout le monde obtient le même avantage quel que soit son taux d'imposition. A noter toutefois que ceux dont l'impôt à payer est inférieur au montant de le réduction Scellier perdent la différence. En clair, en 2009, chacun devra calculer pour déterminer lesquel des deux régimes Robien/Borloo ou Scellier est le plus intéressant. L'avantage Scellier se décline aussi en SCPI (société civile de placement immobilier). L'investisseur souscrit alors des parts de SCPI ce qui lui ouvre droit à une réduction d'impôt égale à 25% du montant investi dans une limite de 300.000 euros. Les SCPI, comparées à l'achat en direct du logement, offrent une souplesse d'investissement supérieure : le souscripteur peut limiter son financement à quelques milliers d'euros. Autre avantage, la SCPI diversifie ses investissements immobiliers, ce qui diminue le risque de perte en capital ou de rendement médiocre. Reste à trouver la bonne société de gestion. On suivra donc avec intérêt les propositions des établissements financiers qui distribueront prochainement ces nouvelles SCPI.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onlyonebrenda
Since November 2006 - quite a steep learning curve. Did you know there's some quite sizeable concessions for newbuilds -50% of total value in 2009 dropping to 25% under the new scheme in 2010. You get it spread over 9 years.
Destinée à relancer l'achat de logements, la réforme du régime fiscal Robien-Borloo, pour l'investissement locatif, porte le nom du parlementaire à l'origine de son adoption, Scellier. De quoi s'agit-il exactement ? L'avantage fiscal Robien prévoit que l'achat d'un logement neuf pour sa mise en location permet, sous certaines conditions, de déduire une partie du coût de cet achat. Sur une période de 9 ans, l'investisseur peut déduire chaque année de son revenu imposable un " amortissement ", c'est-à-dire une fraction du prix d'achat du logement qui, au total, représente 50% de ce prix. Le régime Borloo permet de bénéficier d'une déduction de 50% ou 65% sur une période de 9 ou 15 ans, moyennant des conditions de mise en location plus restrictives pour le propriétaire investisseur. Avec la nouvelle réforme Scellier, la déduction se fait directement au niveau de l'impôt sur le revenu à payer. Cette nouvelle réduction d'impôt Scellier, également étalée sur 9 ans, est égale à 25% du prix du logement, retenu dans la limite de 300.000 euros, pour les investissements réalisés en 2009 et en 2010. Le taux de la réduction est de 20% pour le logement acquis en 2011. Pour les seuls investissements 2009, le contribuable aura le choix entre les régimes Robien ou Borloo (déduction du revenu imposable) et la réduction d'impôt Scellier.

Alors, quelle différence y-a-t-il entre Robien-Borloo et Scellier ? Les mécanismes Robien-Borloo avantagent ceux qui sont les plus fortement imposés. Par exemple, une déduction de 10.000 euros d'un revenu imposable taxé à 40% procure un avantage de 4.000 euros, mais seulement de 1.400 euros si le revenu est taxé à 14%. Avec Scellier, tout le monde obtient le même avantage quel que soit son taux d'imposition. A noter toutefois que ceux dont l'impôt à payer est inférieur au montant de le réduction Scellier perdent la différence. En clair, en 2009, chacun devra calculer pour déterminer lesquel des deux régimes Robien/Borloo ou Scellier est le plus intéressant. L'avantage Scellier se décline aussi en SCPI (société civile de placement immobilier). L'investisseur souscrit alors des parts de SCPI ce qui lui ouvre droit à une réduction d'impôt égale à 25% du montant investi dans une limite de 300.000 euros. Les SCPI, comparées à l'achat en direct du logement, offrent une souplesse d'investissement supérieure : le souscripteur peut limiter son financement à quelques milliers d'euros. Autre avantage, la SCPI diversifie ses investissements immobiliers, ce qui diminue le risque de perte en capital ou de rendement médiocre. Reste à trouver la bonne société de gestion. On suivra donc avec intérêt les propositions des établissements financiers qui distribueront prochainement ces nouvelles SCPI.
Thanks for the info. Think Jenny and Charlie may benefit from that. My longere is almost 300 years old. Looking good though!!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

CSki is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Wanted to say hello as I hope I'll be here loads! I'm looking at the possibility to move to Grenoble or Chambery/Annecy area with perhaps the intention of buying an investment apartment. I work at sea and love to ski so it seems like an ideal place to spend my free time but I don't speak much (any!) French and haven't spend more than a holiday there. So hopefully I can share the experiences of others to help me along the way!
I look forward to getting in touch with everyone, especially those in Grenoble as I think I will be looking for a flatshare there in the coming months.

CSki
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CSki
Hi all,

Wanted to say hello as I hope I'll be here loads! I'm looking at the possibility to move to Grenoble or Chambery/Annecy area with perhaps the intention of buying an investment apartment. I work at sea and love to ski so it seems like an ideal place to spend my free time but I don't speak much (any!) French and haven't spend more than a holiday there. So hopefully I can share the experiences of others to help me along the way!
I look forward to getting in touch with everyone, especially those in Grenoble as I think I will be looking for a flatshare there in the coming months.

CSki
Welcome to the forum. Sun, sea and ski eh?
Old Feb 12th 2009, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Finisteremaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought it was about time I came out of lurkdom to say hello, so 'Hello'.
I'm Vic (almost 30! from Lancashire), I'm married to Laurent (37 - from Calvados), we live in Finistere with our children, Eva (5.5) and Elsa (almost 3).
We met in 1998 when I was working in Deauville, we then moved back to the UK together when my contract finished.
As soon as we became a family we decided France suited us better and moved back in 2004 and have been in Finistere since Jan 2005.
I am a ft mum and Laurent works for La Poste *gasp*
We've just about finished building our new home between Audierne and Quimper and can't wait to move in!
Don't want to bore you to sleep so will stop there.
Vic.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

hi there
Im Michele, i live with my husband and two children a girl of eleven and a boy of 9 near to the airport at toulouse SW france. The oh came over here nearly 5 yrs ago now as a contractor for airbus. i joined him nearly 2 yrs ago and we are now well and truly settled here.
We had a house built on a plot of land on an estate which we adore; very peaceful ; our son is at the village school and our daughter is at a bilingual state secondary nearby.
I work as a TEFL teacher
It was interesting to see about the reimboursements for a new home; I thougth they only applied if you were building to let ; however you do get two years where you do not have to pay for taxe foncier. There are also sizeable reimbursements for eco heating/energy from the tax offices

We love it here in france and will not be returing to blighty
Old Feb 12th 2009, 1:17 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
hi there
Im Michele, i live with my husband and two children a girl of eleven and a boy of 9 near to the airport at toulouse SW france. The oh came over here nearly 5 yrs ago now as a contractor for airbus. i joined him nearly 2 yrs ago and we are now well and truly settled here.
We had a house built on a plot of land on an estate which we adore; very peaceful ; our son is at the village school and our daughter is at a bilingual state secondary nearby.
I work as a TEFL teacher
It was interesting to see about the reimboursements for a new home; I thougth they only applied if you were building to let ; however you do get two years where you do not have to pay for taxe foncier. There are also sizeable reimbursements for eco heating/energy from the tax offices

We love it here in france and will not be returing to blighty
Last year was the Final Year to claim for Eco Heating rebates from the Tax Off (Impots).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.