Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:44 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Please .... do NOT ask people for their personal details on the forums. It is against the posting rules and is not acceptable.

If you want to discuss France then please discuss it on here
Im quite sure Riza knows of a good hotel to stay at. Although im only going if there are Hot Girls there, Because its a fair old plane ride.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

samj1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i'm moving to Lille next March with work and would love any information about the city, areas to live...just general life in lille!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samj1974
Hi, i'm moving to Lille next March with work and would love any information about the city, areas to live...just general life in lille!
There's a massive car boot event every year in the first weekend of September - the biggest in Europe apparently, with literally hundreds of stallholders selling good stuff and tat.

If you like moules et frites, you'll be spoilt for choice.

Search "Grand Braderie".

That is the limit of my knowledge on Lille
Old Nov 18th 2009, 10:22 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samj1974
Hi, my OH is a Ch'ti, but we live in the South! Lille has apparently become a really dynamic town and I'm sure you'll enjoy life there!
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
With the influx of new members in the France Section of the Forum somewhere for the Newer members to say Hi and the Old ones as well.

So come on then?
Hi, I'm a new member on the site. I'm moving to Northern France early next year and would really appreciate any tips from anyone our there.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, my OH is a Ch'ti, but we live in the South! Lille has apparently become a really dynamic town and I'm sure you'll enjoy life there!
Thanks very much, I've heard such good things so far about Lille in general.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:07 am
Just Joined

williamgreenback is an unknown quantity at this point

How do Everybody,
I'm Bill & as the thread title suggests I'm here to introduce myself & my family. We are currently 4 (+ 2 dogs!!) with our children aged 12 & 5 but exciting thing for us at the moment is number 3 will be with us in January!!
Justine & I are just back from Mayenne in Normandy after going to see what we thought was THE ONE! So we got over there it was indeed a splendid property & had everything that we could of wished for at a price that although at the very top of our budget we were willing to go for it. That was until we found out about the THT project from Flamanville. The super pylons are due to be planted less than 500m away from the property so it's back to the drawing board for us but one thing is certain we will get to you before long.

Thanks for reading

Bill
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Scarlet27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

Well firstly, I'd like to say that this is a fantastic site. I've lived in France for a few years now and despite the numerous searches I've done I've never actually come across this site. I'll probably be posting quite a bit, I have a lot of questions (and time to burn).

So anyway, hello from me! I'm English, living in Paris with my fiancé (who is french), no babies or whatnot !

Ria
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:43 am
Just Joined

christheplumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jenny and charlie
Hello Everyone,
We are Jenny and Charlie Davies. We have lived permanantly in France since August 2008. We are in Auros, Gironde, not far from Bordeaux. We have bought a plot of land and are having a bungalow built as we speak. I am a retired Postwoman originating from East London and Charlie is a retired White Van delivery Man originating from Gloucester. Before we left England we were living in Harold Hill, Romford, Essex. I know we may be of the minority, but we are really enjoying our new life in France and know that we will not return to England to live. We brought our two retired, rescue Greyhounds with us as well.
Hi Jenny & Charlie, you lucky so and so`s, had to clear the frost of my windscreen this morning Brrrrrrr ..do you want a lodger!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:47 am
Just Joined

christheplumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello every body, its cold here in dorset, wish i wasnt here !!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by christheplumber
Hello every body, its cold here in dorset, wish i wasnt here !!
Welcome to the Forum... Its cold here as well.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 7:23 am
Just Joined

ANormandyDesigner is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone!
I am Penny, I live in Normandy and run a graphical design and website design business.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Penny
Hello Everyone!
I am Penny, I live in Normandy and run a graphical design and website design business.
Welcome to the Forum, Few people from your end of the world here.

Edited ................

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Dec 3rd 2009 at 10:24 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 10:07 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PennyGraphics.net
Hello Everyone!
Hi Penny

Welcome to the forums

Firstly I have to ask you to change your screen name as it is a company name. Could you please email your present name and the new name to admin, using the contact us button at the bottom of the forum
Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

busby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nicebusby is just really nice

Hi Penny, Haute Normandie is a big place, actually bigger than the whole of Belgium!!! I am just outside Lyons la Foret, 45 mins from Rouen, about an hour from Paris. Where are you? Janet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.