Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

oh
we were given the form to take to the impots in october by our builder (which we did) they told us to add it to our form in may and it would be processed then; maybe it is because the work was commenced in november 2007?
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:22 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
oh
we were given the form to take to the impots in october by our builder (which we did) they told us to add it to our form in may and it would be processed then; maybe it is because the work was commenced in november 2007?

Thats standard, You get the rebate After you have completed and returned your end of year assessment. There is no way for you to get it prior to then. Im not sure what the claim cut off time was. But any work now being done would not qualify for the rebate. Something we did find that was most Impots employees did not understand the rules claiming that the work and parts purchased needed to be carried out by an Artisan with a siret number, Every time I was told this I left the Office just a wee bit hot under the collar. I turned around to the Oh and said fine when the end of year form comes in we will include it so at least then we can take it to an Independent assessment if they say no, Guess what they Paid. A lot of fuss because I had purchased the wood central heating system and installed it myself. So I had invoices for the Purchasing of New Equipment but no Installation Invoice.

When you visit the Impots all they ever do is get a big Book out with the rules in, every employee interprets them in a different fashion so you san see three people in a week and get different answers from all of them.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

thx for clarifying that kia ora - I was beginning to worry a bit there
michele
Old Feb 13th 2009, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
thx for clarifying that kia ora - I was beginning to worry a bit there
michele
Ka Ora, im not named after a drink. If I was it would be an Alcoholic beverage of the finest quality not a watered down Orange Drink.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 2:08 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Ka Ora, im not named after a drink. If I was it would be an Alcoholic beverage of the finest quality not a watered down Orange Drink.
It's catching
Old Feb 13th 2009, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by treskillard
It's catching
I feel a random outburst coming on.....

Nah I farted......Moments gone.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 2:25 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Er sorry Val's memory just PM'd me to say stop hijacking threads and I PM'd her memory saying - Hee Hee you're not a mod any more and then she PM'd me again and I apologised and yet I'm still here. Bettergonow.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:19 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Yep, people have called me Jack for years ..............
Old Feb 15th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

oops a daisy
never was good with names sorry for that - did seem like a strange choice of name
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

minouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond repute

Hello from me as well!
Happy to have found you.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:40 am
Just Joined

sheilae is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
Im thinking of moving over to France to live for a while, whats the best place? I speak no french at all but hoping to learn while over there.

sheila
Old Feb 21st 2009, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Introduction Thread (Somewhere to say Hi)

Hi Minouette and Sheila!
Nice to have you aboard! There's some spooks/loonies/straight men here, but most of us are OK (ducks)
Blackie
Old Feb 21st 2009, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

minouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Blackie! Good to know there are good, honest guys around here. As my own finances are no longer sufficient (thanks, Mr Brown & Co!), question is do they also have money?
Old Feb 21st 2009, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

jenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nicejenny and charlie is just really nice

Bonjour Sheila,

Have you any idea which part of France you are interested in, the country is so vast, the weather temperatures can vary so much from one end of the country to the other and the culture is so varied as well. We are in south west France in the Gironde and we are enjoying spring-like temperatures already. The people are friendly and very helpful and English are fewer in numbers than say the Dordogne. France can be everything and anything you want it to be. Even with limited French, you can get by. We are by no means fluent, but we get what we want in shops and restaurants and even hold conversation with the natives. We love living here and will never return to England to live.
Jenny and Charlie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.