Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Installing a fosse septique

Installing a fosse septique

Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:08 am
Just Joined

yorkssteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Installing a fosse septique

we arrived in france ist sept hoping to sign for our property on the 3rd.we intended to check out suppliers of the klargester system whilst there,unfortunately the notaire had got the wrong completion date and then we had to return home suddenly because of a close family bereavement.we had to give "power of attourney" to the notaire to sign on our behalf .we shall return at the first opp and bring with us all the gallons of paint & cleaning materials we carried arround with us last time.would be thankful for any info on suppliers/installers in the pontamur (pay-de-dome) region and rough estimation costs.we have paid 30.500euros for a 5-6 bed farm with huge att barn so prices are still cheap but winters are very cold

(what would you expect 45 mins from a ski resort)but it is habitable but has not seen any decorateing for maybe 50-60 years.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:08 am
Banned

rivalain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Installing a fosse septique

steve we dealt direct with the distributors - email is infos at klar-environnement.com and they reply in english (i wrote it like this to save them spam!) - i know they are very very busy though, not surprising eh? give them a try, the price included delivery anyway

we just found another really cheap property yesterday that couldnt have a normal fosse, so we will be in touch with them again too - this looks like a cracking way to find some bargains!!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

PATRICK MC SWEENEY is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone i am outstanded by every ones coments i fit and supplie fosse systems there is many types for small gardens to large and so if anyone requires additional imfo please email it is not difficult to do yourself
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:27 pm
Banned

chezjules is an unknown quantity at this point

we live in Normandy near Caen and we have been in touch with Klar about a klargester unit and they suggested visiting them at an expo in Paris the week after next to find out all about it (27-30th Nov) http://www.pollutec.com We are stopping over the night and shopping for Christmas nearby too, if anyone fancies sharing the petrol costs, please come back to us.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

adeplume is an unknown quantity at this point

Also try Biodigester.co.uk. I have a Biodigester in Uk which develops a pure enough product to be poured into the Thames. Easy to set up and they deliver to France now.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:17 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adeplume
Also try Biodigester.co.uk. I have a Biodigester in Uk which develops a pure enough product to be poured into the Thames. Easy to set up and they deliver to France now.
Not sure that's the best advert
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
Not sure that's the best advert
so that's what's been killing the fish
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:27 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
so that's what's been killing the fish
they deliver to France now.
That and the long pipe to get the stuff to France - we've got our own effluent thank you very much
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
That and the long pipe to get the stuff to France - we've got our own effluent thank you very much
Tres, do you ever sleep?
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:31 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Tres, do you ever sleep?
I dont think he does sleep.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
I dont think he does sleep.
you neither
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:41 pm
down under where

you neither
someones got to keep you company
Old Nov 18th 2007, 1:23 pm
Banned

chezjules is an unknown quantity at this point

We looked at this Biodigester system, but as they aren't certfied to FR EN 12566-3 and have a quoted output of 30mg/l of suspended solids, we have the Klargester one as favourite - the French regs are going to 25mg/l next year for BOD and SS and FR EN 12566-3 certification requirements.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 5:03 pm
Banned

septimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by herbie
I've just bought a house that needs a fosse. The area that we're going to doesn't have too many people there that can do the job. After various quotations, it seems that not one of them is honest or has any idea of service to clients. One for example, we were only permitted to contact by prior permission by email from his wife and then we could only phone at 1 o'clock! Another one quoted 3100 euros and this has since gone up to 5300 euros, giving us the reason that there is some rubble and that to dispose of this is classed as landscaping! To the tune of 2200 euros!

To cut quite a long story short, we have now decided to fit it ourselves. Can anyone give us any advice as to the actual installation. We've got a booklet from the Marie that shows what type of fosse we need and the position etc. If anyone has fitted a fosse themselves, are there any tips you could give us please.
Think i will buy house that is on mains
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

adeplume is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Chez Jules I'll bear that in mind when we start looking for a place in France in the New Year. Til then we will be living in a big Winnebago type thing so won't be taking the Biodigester with us! I'm surprised that the Environment Agency allow something that the French regs don't. It just goes to show that it doesn't pay to assume! I'll talk to Biodigester to see if they have something on the cards to meet the required standards in France as I do like their system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.