Reload this Page >

Importing a trailer from UK

Importing a trailer from UK

Old Apr 24th 2012, 1:19 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Importing a trailer from UK

Originally Posted by ChissayLuke
Hi, I'm new here, but this is on-topic.
i will be importing two trailers to France from UK. One is 1300KG Gross, so I am engaged in harvesting a CoC with a vire towards the Carte Grise.
The other trailer I havn't bought yet. It will be sub 750KG, and will this mean it has no need of a Carte Grise, as I currently understand it?
I see in a post below that it would need to be sub 500KG Gross to avoid the need for a Carte Grise.
Does anyone know what the lower limit is, please?
Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

Well certainly full marks for persistence, well done !
Old Apr 25th 2012, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

ChissayLuke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tramblygoat,
I just want to double check from the other way around... if I import a trailer which is gross 500 KG or less...then I need to do....... Nothing? And no-one will fuss?
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:11 am
Just Joined

tramblygoat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChissayLuke
Hi Tramblygoat,
I just want to double check from the other way around... if I import a trailer which is gross 500 KG or less...then I need to do....... Nothing? And no-one will fuss?
Using the UK terminology, if the MAM (max authorised mass) is above 500kg them you'll need a carte grise. The unladen weight has little bearing
Old Apr 26th 2012, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

L'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Tramblygoat

Well done for getting your trailer registered, we know how tricky it is! I have been discussing this with hubby as we have a cattle trailer we need to register. Can you tell us what a cycle guard is? We have been told about fitting brackets and possibly moving a fog light but as usual IW are not being helpful, we asked an Agent in France if he could retro-fit a piece and he really didn't want to know.
We will be taking the trailer to the DRIRE as a flat trailer, ie with the canopy removed as it is a two-in-one trailer.

Hello to Luke, a fellow Chissean and trailer-tower, let me know when you are over again and I'll bake another cake, maybe this time you'll get a piece!

Sue
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

This is the guidance document for the construction of trailers.

http://cnrsm.creteil.iufm.fr/c_resso...e/CRR11-00.pdf

Cycle guard = pare-cycliste on p6.

Not sure but trailers for livestock may be subject to additional regulations.