Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Which parcel post service to UK?

Which parcel post service to UK?

Old Jul 11th 2017, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which parcel post service to UK?

I have a vintage laptop computer I need to send to UK (London area). Having read the recent 'Chronopost Again' thread, what parcel post service am I best advised to use, and which to positively avoid?
Having said that, there's no urgency, and I plan to be in UK for a few days in Sept (travelling to an airport in the SW). Would I be advised to take the package with me and post in UK, i.e. any benefits in terms of price or parcel post efficiency?
Old Jul 12th 2017, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which parcel post service to UK?

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I have a vintage laptop computer I need to send to UK (London area). Having read the recent 'Chronopost Again' thread, what parcel post service am I best advised to use, and which to positively avoid?
Having said that, there's no urgency, and I plan to be in UK for a few days in Sept (travelling to an airport in the SW). Would I be advised to take the package with me and post in UK, i.e. any benefits in terms of price or parcel post efficiency?
Hi TP,

UPS, I have found to be very good but relatively expensive.

Taking a laptop on a flight has the strong possibility of a security check these days. You maybe asked to switch it on, does it work OK?
You then still have to post and insure it. IMO, mail from France.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which parcel post service to UK?

Originally Posted by audio
Hi TP,

UPS, I have found to be very good but relatively expensive.

Taking a laptop on a flight has the strong possibility of a security check these days. You maybe asked to switch it on, does it work OK?
You then still have to post and insure it. IMO, mail from France.
Audio, thanks for this.
No problem for a pre-flight security check. It's a very collectable 1999 Apple iBook Clamshell which I've recently refurbished, with serviceable battery, and I'm donating it to a geek for an interesting processor upgrade project.
During check-in it would probably turn the heads of security agents due to it's quirky looks - one wag christened the model 'Barbie's toilet seat' soon after it was launched.
It's the blue one on the left.
Spoiler:
Which parcel post service to UK?-3-ibooks.jpg