Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

How do I get a French Shotgun licence in France.

How do I get a French Shotgun licence in France.

Old Sep 18th 2014, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Touraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I get a French Shotgun licence in France.

I will get the 'anti-chasseur' post out of the way.

Chasseurs are not popular in France with both the mainstream population and the animals.
They are a bunch of drunken ****** who tend to miss a lot and shoot kill innocent passers by. They really are a bunch of losers.

There are plenty of other things to do in France that does not involve shooting something.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by touraine

Chasseurs are not popular in France with both the mainstream population and the animals.
They are a bunch of drunken ****** who tend to miss a lot and shoot kill innocent passers by. They really are a bunch of losers.
There are plenty of other things to do in France that does not involve shooting something.
Oh come on Touraine! If this a perche tendue then there'll always be someone to rise to the bait...
Far be it from me to leap to the defence of the indefensible but alas, yet again, your plain-talking seems to have got the better of you.
I share your dislike of hunters in their silly camouflage outfits, the dreadful racket they make, the fact that they consider that they are entitled to go wherever they please, determined to fit in with Oscar Wilde's more subtle description of "the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable", the fact they often stride across open fields with guns not carried in an 'open' position and their generally threatening demeanour. However, they rarely kill innocent passers-by (ok, just one would be one too many) and do have to take a test which, I am told, is quite rigorous. As to their consumption of alcohol, I would have thought that being drunk whilst out shooting would guarantee going home 'bredouille'. As regards their popularity rating amongst the general population, out in the countryside they're part of the scenery and come crawling out of the woodwork every autumn; lots of farmers hunt as a form of pest control. Your statement about animals disliking them is amusing though, thanks for that.
However, having lived for many years in the Vallée de Chevreuse, just 25 kilometres outside Paris, I was quite grateful to your hated chasseurs when they were called out to keep down the rising population of wild boar and deer that will get out of hand if there is no form of control. Not only that, but in order to hunt, hunters have to have a landscape with water, trees, coppices, undergrowth, fields and so on. So,though it grieves me to have to admit it, they do play a role in preserving the environment, even if what really motivates them is the wanton, gratuitous destruction of some of nature's most beautiful creatures.
PB
Old Sep 18th 2014, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

I will get the 'anti-chasseur' post out of the way.
You might like to go and protest here and get it all off your chest....
2ème manifestation « La chasse y’en a marre » le 18 octobre 2014 à Paris | AVES France
Old Sep 18th 2014, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Touraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond reputeTouraine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peabrain
However, they rarely kill innocent passers-by (ok, just one would be one too many) and do have to take a test which, I am told, is quite rigorous.
A few innocents were shot/died last year as usual. I think in one case the chasseur I believe was half blind which I suppose explains the fact he mistook a human for a rabbit.

I don't see the point of going to France every November just to shoot its nature and then buggéring back off to London
Old Sep 18th 2014, 1:12 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see the point of going to France every November just to shoot its nature and then buggéring back off to London

Germans did it why can't we