British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   Hi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/hi-896938/)

Menen May 19th 2017 8:35 am

Hi

Hi my husband has been living in Togo for 15 years even though he's a French citizen can we go back to France together after all these years of being a non resident .ps he still votes

mikelincs May 19th 2017 9:22 am

Re: Hi

Originally Posted by Menen (Post 12255905)
Hi my husband has been living in Togo for 15 years even though he's a French citizen can we go back to France together after all these years of being a non resident .ps he still votes

Welcome to BE.

Of course he can go back to France at any time as he is a citizen, there is no way he can be stopped from returning.

Menen May 19th 2017 5:35 pm

Hi but will he be allowed to go with me as I'm not a citizen but only his wife

dmu May 19th 2017 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Menen (Post 12256182)
Hi but will he be allowed to go with me as I'm not a citizen but only his wife

Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Are you an EU citizen? In which case there's no problem....

Menen May 19th 2017 9:07 pm

No I'm not

Menen May 19th 2017 9:09 pm

Thank you@dmu

dmu May 20th 2017 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Menen (Post 12256270)
No I'm not

Then you should enquire at your local French Consulate as to your visa requirements. Being French, your husband could find out better than we on the Forum can. Or for a start, consult the "Service-Public" site which gives official info on Visas and Cartes de Séjour for non-UE spouses.
Good luck!

Menen May 20th 2017 8:17 am

Thank u so much if i understand u Then it means he can take me with him but I have to meet the requirement of carte de sejours?

mikelincs May 20th 2017 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Menen (Post 12256445)
Thank u so much if i understand u Then it means he can take me with him but I have to meet the requirement of carte de sejours?

Sorry, but people on here are, in the main, British, so they know about the requirements for British people to move there, but not about requirements for people from other countries to move there.

quiltman May 20th 2017 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Menen (Post 12256445)

No, it means he has to check with the French Consulate in Togo(If there is one!) what the requirements are for you to go to France with him , other than as a visitor. People on here do not know about the visas etc needed for France.

Menen May 20th 2017 9:00 am

Ok got it thanks y'all

dmu May 20th 2017 11:52 am

As advised in #7, here's a useful link:

Ambassades et consulats français à l'étranger

Scroll down to "Togo", and you'll find contact details.
Your OH must know it, if he's registered to vote there in the French Elections....
It might help if you indicated what nationality you are? I can't be the only one wondering why you're asking on a British Expats forum, although some of us could search for the information, e.g. via the French Service-Public site. On the other hand, it would be more logical for your French OH to do so....