Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Orange voicemail

Orange voicemail

Old May 16th 2017, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

lennythelion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Orange voicemail

I wonder if anyone can help with this confusion please?

I've noticed recently (never used to happen) that my Orange Internet Messagerie has been displaying strange numbers when I consult Messagerie onscreen (that's computer rather than smartphone).

For instance, last night I just missed taking a call and it went to voicemail. Viewed onscreen, but didn't recognise number (09 33 10 15 28). Listened to message via screen loudspeaker, realised who it was and phoned them back on the 0044 xxxx xxxxxx number I have for them.

Googled that 09 number and it appears to be something from Viet Nam... maybe, though several possibilities on google search.

Other times recently, for an incoming call I look at my handset screen (Gigaphone, I very very rarely answer calls directly these days, and am registered with BlocTel) there's maybe a 0046 country code (Sweden) displayed, yet the number shown on-screen on Messagerie Orange missed calls is another number entirely - apparently French 10 digit, 04- or 02- number.

Called the Orange English speaking service today to try and find out what was going on,but in addition to speaking very little English it was hopeless - no use at all. She kept telling me to contact the provider of that 09 phone number.

Anyone any idea what's happening - is this all just a scamming/phishing ruse to get us to call those numbers without thinking? Any idea if there's anything I can do to stop it?

All ideas and advice much appreciated, thanks.
Old May 17th 2017, 8:39 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orange voicemail

Originally Posted by lennythelion
I wonder if anyone can help with this confusion please?

I've noticed recently (never used to happen) that my Orange Internet Messagerie has been displaying strange numbers when I consult Messagerie onscreen (that's computer rather than smartphone).

For instance, last night I just missed taking a call and it went to voicemail. Viewed onscreen, but didn't recognise number (09 33 10 15 28). Listened to message via screen loudspeaker, realised who it was and phoned them back on the 0044 xxxx xxxxxx number I have for them.

Googled that 09 number and it appears to be something from Viet Nam... maybe, though several possibilities on google search.

Other times recently, for an incoming call I look at my handset screen (Gigaphone, I very very rarely answer calls directly these days, and am registered with BlocTel) there's maybe a 0046 country code (Sweden) displayed, yet the number shown on-screen on Messagerie Orange missed calls is another number entirely - apparently French 10 digit, 04- or 02- number.

Called the Orange English speaking service today to try and find out what was going on,but in addition to speaking very little English it was hopeless - no use at all. She kept telling me to contact the provider of that 09 phone number.

Anyone any idea what's happening - is this all just a scamming/phishing ruse to get us to call those numbers without thinking? Any idea if there's anything I can do to stop it?

All ideas and advice much appreciated, thanks.
Hi, you can check the 09 number in the "Annuaire inversé" of Pages Jaunes. If it's ex-Directory, it means that it was a cold call which occurs several times a day. They never leave a message.... 10-digit numbers beginning with 09 are Livebox or other internet numbers....
We haven't got a number display and my solution is either to lift the receiver and wait - if it's a cold call, you'll get a frequently Maghrebin or Oriental voice (and I'm not being racist, it's a fact!) mispronouncing your name and nothing more, and you've got the choice of answering or hanging up. A bona fide artisan, for example, will introduce himself. Or, I don't answer and immediately dial 888 to see who it was. If the number's unknown to me, I check it in the Annuaire inversé and ring back unless it's ex-Directory or obviously a wrong number.
These cold calls (I've never encountered scams via the telephone) are a pain in the neck...
Old May 17th 2017, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply, and indeed checking the Annuaire Inversé does give this response for that 09 number:

[I]Nous sommes désolés, nous n’avons pas trouvé de résultat.
Il s’agit peut être d’un poste téléphonique interne � une société ou l’opérateur s’est engagé � ne pas fournir d’informations sur ce numéro.[
/I]

which I am very familiar with on checking all these numbers. Hence my attempt via Google to find a solution further afield.

What confuses me is that the number displayed on my online Orange Messages reçus sur vos téléphones is different from that of the actual call from the UK made to my phone.

I didn't receive two separate calls from two different numbers at the identical time of 23.05h on 15/5.

The part which makes me nervous is that very often I will "Ecouter" to the message via my Orange logged-into Messagerie Internet. It's often easier than going back to the handset and dialling 3103 and what bothers me is whether this is yet another new route by which one can be hacked if consulting messages in this way.
Old May 18th 2017, 5:51 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply, and indeed checking the Annuaire Inversé does give this response for that 09 number:

[I]Nous sommes désolés, nous n’avons pas trouvé de résultat.
Il s’agit peut être d’un poste téléphonique interne � une société ou l’opérateur s’est engagé � ne pas fournir d’informations sur ce numéro.[
/I]

which I am very familiar with on checking all these numbers. Hence my attempt via Google to find a solution further afield.

What confuses me is that the number displayed on my online Orange Messages reçus sur vos téléphones is different from that of the actual call from the UK made to my phone.

I didn't receive two separate calls from two different numbers at the identical time of 23.05h on 15/5.

The part which makes me nervous is that very often I will "Ecouter" to the message via my Orange logged-into Messagerie Internet. It's often easier than going back to the handset and dialling 3103 and what bothers me is whether this is yet another new route by which one can be hacked if consulting messages in this way.
If it's an 09 then they is no point looking abroad because the calls from shores afar will start with 00 not 0 and 009 is Nigeria but as DMU has pointed out in France 09 in France is attributed to Livebox Voip numbers unless the Livebox subscriber decides to have a normal regional number assigned to their Livebox phone.

If the person with that number from Vietnam had called you it would have shown up as 00 84 9 33 10 15 28
Old May 19th 2017, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. Is probably best to ignore the far east possibilities for now, maybe a bit of a red herring - I'd just closed up the gaps in the number to do a search because if you don't you get hundreds+ of search responses on each of the pairs.

What is more important to know is why was the number displayed on my Orange Messagerie Internet 09 33 10 15 28 when the message leaver was definitely calling from 0044 xxxx xxxxxx.

I am 100% certain of that as it was my elderly father travelling back to uk, I phoned him within two minutes of receiving his message and spoke directly to him at home on that landline number.

Could that 09 number be something to do with Orange and their messaging service? If so, what on earth use is that to us customers in determining who has called us?!
Old May 19th 2017, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Screenshot of the Messagerie notification may help clarify.

ps... I know he was home as the cat miaowed in the background....
Attached Thumbnails Orange voicemail-screen-shot-2017-05-19-4.40.21-pm.png  
Old May 19th 2017, 5:23 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Screenshot of the Messagerie notification may help clarify.

ps... I know he was home as the cat miaowed in the background....
Ok.......Le Pheun is Wringing are you sure it wasn't Kato and not the cat......

Attached Thumbnails Orange voicemail-ujrnbgjb.png