Reload this Page >

classic car clubs france

classic car clubs france

Old Apr 12th 2017, 8:48 am
Just Joined

tubaman64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default classic car clubs france

Hi
I belong to a classic car club in Wales and in 2018 we hope to go to the Loire region of France around the Nantes area. Does anyone know of a classic Car club in that area so that we could make contact
Thanks
Old Apr 12th 2017, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: classic car clubs france

Originally Posted by tubaman64
Hi
I belong to a classic car club in Wales and in 2018 we hope to go to the Loire region of France around the Nantes area. Does anyone know of a classic Car club in that area so that we could make contact
Thanks
Surely google would be a better option than on here....
Old Apr 12th 2017, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tubaman64
Hi
Thanks
Hello and welcome to the forum.

There are lots of classic car clubs in France. You probably need to search for the club for your type of car.
I have a friend who restores Panhards in the UK and they have an annual meeting somewhere in France once a year which he usually attends with his car.
I often see classic car groups around Tours and the chateaux of the Loire.
There is a classic car event/race in Le Mans once a year.
HTH
Old Apr 12th 2017, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Helpful
Old Apr 12th 2017, 2:54 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I did just that, and found the following for the OP:

Clubs de Véhicules de Collection en PAYS-DE-LA-LOIRE - Anciens, Youngtimers, Sportifs et Prestiges

If they scroll down, they'll find several Clubs in the 44 (Nantes département) and nearby départements.
Hope this is of some help to the OP.
P.S. BE France is more convivial than Google or the like
Old Apr 12th 2017, 3:21 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
I did just that, and found the following for the OP:

Clubs de Véhicules de Collection en PAYS-DE-LA-LOIRE - Anciens, Youngtimers, Sportifs et Prestiges

If they scroll down, they'll find several Clubs in the 44 (Nantes département) and nearby départements.
Hope this is of some help to the OP.
P.S. BE France is more convivial than Google or the like
Ah, I like that turn of phrase!
Old Apr 12th 2017, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

The French love their classic cars, and crowds are out in force whenever a Classic Car rally comes to town - especially on a sunny Sunday.
Last weekend was just such a day, and being a great enthusiast I was out with the crowd. Follows: A few pics of the day.

classic car clubs france-renault1.jpg

classic car clubs france-renault-floride.jpg

classic car clubs france-renault-16.jpg

classic car clubs france-2cv_1.jpg

classic car clubs france-two-2cvs.jpg

The Renault 16 (3rd pic) was the first car I ever drove in France. We had one as a company car in 1969, and I made several very enjoyable trips to Paris/Le Bourget (on business), and even more to Andorra (RnR). For it's day it was a very spacious and comfortable vehicle, and a pleasure to drive.
Strangely enough I've never had the opportunity to drive a 'deuche' (pics 4&5).

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Apr 12th 2017 at 7:42 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2017, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute

Just type in on google " voiture ancienne" and then your dept ie 74 etc. There will be a list of classic car show events in that area. There will be a link on the car show page and will direct you to a link for the local car club. We have one just 5 mins from us. We have a black 1971 Citroen DS. Adore her and always turns heads!