Reload this Page >

Haute Savoie or Dordogne-retirement

Haute Savoie or Dordogne-retirement

Old Feb 6th 2017, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Johnprofwhite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Haute Savoie or Dordogne-retirement

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
I may be able to put you in touch with a couple who run a police horse retirement farm near Brantome? Friends of friends.....
will ask. I'll pm you.
That would be really good if you can as we will spend a lot of time around Brantome and got an Airbnb place just outside it

Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2017, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
I may be able to put you in touch with a couple who run a police horse retirement farm near Brantome? Friends of friends.....
will ask. I'll pm you.
Hi we will be in the area from 28 Feb - 4 Mar if we are able to go and see them at the Police HorseRetirement Home.

Thanks

John
Old Feb 20th 2017, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
Fair enough, but I did say "IF" it's already deducted at source, meaning that johnprofwhite will find out, when the Fisc has made its own investigation based on his declaration, and issued an Avis d'Imposition (or non-Imposition).
Jpw hasn't given much personal info (type of Pensions, buying or renting, etc..).
If they are entitled to French Social Security, couples are now considered separately, and one doesn't piggyback on a spouse's rights any more - he should research the steps to be taken. On the other hand, if they aren't in receipt of UK State pensions, private insurance will cover what they want. On the renting front, they would have to prove a regular income of 3-4 times the rent, or get a Guarantor who can.
As I am wont to say, fore-warned is fore-armed!
Maybe Jpw should start a separate thread on coming to retire in the Dordogne, as the OP is already in France and their situation is different....
Military pension and will be purchasing a property
Old Mar 29th 2017, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

EcoInstaller is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Haute Savoie or Dordogne-retirement

Hi

If your still interested in the Haute Savoie region I have lived in Chamonix for the passed 12 years.

After travelling around the region quite a lot in my time here, I sometimes think where I would like to be for my retirement. Talloires on lake Annecy is very high on my list yes it get very busy in July and August but you have months of lovely weather. Warming up throughout March, I'm already getting tempted to head down to the lake for a swim! Lac do Bourget is also worth looking into if you like fresh water lakes and boating.

I think French hospitals are excellent aespecially Annecy, I have had friends involved in accedents on the Mountain and in Vehicles that have received outstanding treatment. My experiences of treatment at Sallanches hospital are also without fault.

You will obviously need appropiate medical cover. Having been paying taxes for years in France I have the Carte Vitale - basic medical insurance and top up Mutuelle wit APRIL SANTE. It covers me for doctor, hospital, dental, optical everything.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 12:14 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EcoInstaller

You will obviously need appropiate medical cover. Having been paying taxes for years in France I have the Carte Vitale - basic medical insurance and top up Mutuelle wit APRIL SANTE. It covers me for doctor, hospital, dental, optical everything.
Just to clarify, and not wishing to split hairs, but "taxes" and "contributions" are two separate things. It's not the Impôts which determine whether you're eligible for the Carte Vitale, but, unless you're in receipt of a UK State Pension, the Côtisations which are deducted from your earnings, or depending on social circumstances. No one has come back with any feedback on the PUMA system which was created last year, so it's difficult to advise which personal social circumstances determine whether you get the Carte Vitale or not. AFAIK, if you're considered "inactif", you can apply for PUMA after 3 months' proven residence in France and, until then, you must take out private healthcare insurance.
(All that to point out that the Fisc and the Sécu are two entirely different bodies!)