Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

gun licence in france

gun licence in france

Old Sep 30th 2007, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

cupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud of
Default Re: gun licence in france

Artemis

So is the killing of animals for food necessary then?
Old Sep 30th 2007, 11:33 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artemis
[U]CupofTea[U] You are not in favour of bloodsports but you are one of the many who would stand by and watch people do it. How sad and typical of most people. I don't think I have ever forced my opinion down people's throats I merely stated the facts as written above ...... why should I respect the unnecessary killing of animals CupofTea?
Dearest Artemis,
The question that is being put to you is the following: Do you not consider the farming, killing and eating of meat itself to be pretty indefensible? What is so good about eating flesh for pleasure and so bad about procuring it with pleasure? The thought of people going into shops and buying 'humanely' killed (what does that mean?) animals and refusing to acknowledge what that actually entails is just so hypocritical. If you were a vegan I'd shut up out of respect. So if you are please put me out of my misery and I'll be quiet.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by treskillard
Dearest Artemis,
The question that is being put to you is the following: Do you not consider the farming, killing and eating of meat itself to be pretty indefensible? What is so good about eating flesh for pleasure and so bad about procuring it with pleasure? The thought of people going into shops and buying 'humanely' killed (what does that mean?) animals and refusing to acknowledge what that actually entails is just so hypocritical. If you were a vegan I'd shut up out of respect. So if you are please put me out of my misery and I'll be quiet.
What about the poor defenceless carrot. Dragged out of the ground by the hair,having its head brutally cut of,being skinned alive,chopped into pieces then thrown screaming into boiling water. You brutes
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jorgi
What about the poor defenceless carrot. Dragged out of the ground by the hair,having its head brutally cut of,being skinned alive,chopped into pieces then thrown screaming into boiling water. You brutes
Oops missed an "f" out and that sums up the way this thread is going.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

veggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Artemis, as a fellow teacher I can understand your desire to educate the adults of tomorrow in the in the necessary ways of protecting their environment. As I am also a vegetarian I have strong views about the factory farming methods that are used to provide the meat for your table. This said, I am an advocate of hunting for food, and indeed my partner flies a hawk to procure fresh rabbit for the table. I do believe that if you are going to get on your soapbox about such serious issues you must first enter the debate with an open mind and be willing to appreciate that the actions of a criminal few should not be used to twist your mind against the actions of the many. Maybe you should take this opportunity to discuss the issues openly with others on this site instead of starting from such an aggressive and closed-minded point of view.

Happy thinking
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:22 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jorgi
Oops missed an "f" out and that sums up the way this thread is going.
You wish to cut its head of(f)?
Thank you.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:28 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artemis
Ray, Your post has been one of the most unpleasant posts I have read on this forum (peace man).
You have obviously never read many of mine.

Interesting thread, I must remember to come back to this one at a later date.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:33 pm
down under where

Originally Posted by veggie
Dear Artemis, as a fellow teacher I can understand your desire to educate the adults of tomorrow in the in the necessary ways of protecting their environment. As I am also a vegetarian I have strong views about the factory farming methods that are used to provide the meat for your table. This said, I am an advocate of hunting for food, and indeed my partner flies a hawk to procure fresh rabbit for the table. I do believe that if you are going to get on your soapbox about such serious issues you must first enter the debate with an open mind and be willing to appreciate that the actions of a criminal few should not be used to twist your mind against the actions of the many. Maybe you should take this opportunity to discuss the issues openly with others on this site instead of starting from such an aggressive and closed-minded point of view.

Happy thinking
Veggie. You have woken me from my brief slumber. Thank you too. I note this is your first post and I am concerned however that really you might be Artemis taking a new cloak and cleverly disguising yourself as a vegetarian in order to gain sympathy (just a joke Artemis, just a joke ). However I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I don't know where you live but for me attitudes towards hunting did change after living in France - a greater tolerance developed as well as a removal of the association between the British class system and hunting along the way.

Last edited by treskillard; Sep 30th 2007 at 12:34 pm. Reason: grammar
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:37 pm
down under where

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You have obviously never read many of mine.

Interesting thread, I must remember to come back to this one at a later date.
Oh Yes things are looking up in France these days you know. Not sure for how long though.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

cupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud ofcupoftea has much to be proud of

Thank you treskillard, jorgi and veggie, I feel so much less alone now.

Of course my carrots/beetroots/beans/potatoes have feelings, but they have had a good life up here in the mountains and they find such pleasure in lying on my plate. At the final moment they know their sacrifice has been worth it.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:51 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Why does being a veggie have to boil down to loving animals or not shooting or whatever else?

I was a veggie for 12 years, I still shoot.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:53 pm
down under where

Originally Posted by cupoftea
Thank you treskillard, jorgi and veggie, I feel so much less alone now.

Of course my carrots/beetroots/beans/potatoes have feelings, but they have had a good life up here in the mountains and they find such pleasure in lying on my plate. At the final moment they know their sacrifice has been worth it.
I hear they find it nippy now the evenings are drawing in. May I recommend straw?
Old Sep 30th 2007, 1:19 pm
down under where

Why does being a veggie have to boil down to loving animals or not shooting or whatever else?

I was a veggie for 12 years, I still shoot.
Where do you find the time. You must principally shoot words rugbymatt, a veritable machine gun. Your number of posts seems to work out at a staggering average of one post every 20 minutes since you signed up to the forum. Is there some way of fiddling the stats? Or is there something I don't understand about life in Spain?
Yours
Trully Impressed
Old Sep 30th 2007, 1:23 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by treskillard
Where do you find the time. You must principally shoot words rugbymatt, a veritable machine gun. Your number of posts seems to work out at a staggering average of one post every 20 minutes since you signed up to the forum. Is there some way of fiddling the stats? Or is there something I don't understand about life in Spain?
Yours
Trully Impressed
Oh good, yet another person to point out my high post count............

Sarcasm is such an overestimated quality isn't it?
Old Sep 30th 2007, 1:31 pm
down under where

Oh good, yet another person to point out my high post count............

Sarcasm is such an overestimated quality isn't it?
Ho, Ho. Sorry didn't mean to offend. Just seems I can't avoid it sometimes. Culpa mea. I feel a bit ashamed. Think I'll go and watch France win at Rugby to assuage my guilt. Pity about Wales. Take care. Nice to meet you. My father has just moved to Torrevieja. Wonder if I'll ever get him onto a forum...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.