Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Is French food really the best in the world?

Is French food really the best in the world?

Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:24 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is French food really the best in the world?

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Yep, Ka, I reserve mine for blowing up the neighbour's cat as well ......

Cleri, he's all yours sweets, but I'll make you a deal. You have him, I'll get the chainsaw, kango, gunpowder quota and any weaponry .........

I was kind of hoping for the weaponry
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:41 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

I like a girl who knows how to barter

Oh alright, but I want the AK47's, the rocket launcher and them matched pair he's weilding in his avvy.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:48 am

Oh alright, but I want the AK47's, the rocket launcher and them matched pair he's weilding in his avvy.
Deal,Mr KO and his weapon will do me just fine
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:34 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, result! Hope the chainsaw is De Walt - that's the Givenchy equivalent in Chainsaws sweetie in case you didn't know!

Wonder if he's got any baseball bats ........ mine's looking a bit battered after 5 christmases at the ex mother-in-law's ....................:
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:46 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Ak47 only good thing about it is it's simplicity and ease for mass production also cheapness in quantity. Give me an SLR any day.

Im an lover of Stihl Chainsaws.

This is the place to look for a nice matched pair. Im not allowed to post the other address's I know of for nice matched pairs. Cleri is going to help me out there.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Ak47 only good thing about it is it's simplicity and ease for mass production also cheapness in quantity. Give me an SLR any day.

This is the place to look for a nice matched pair. Im not allowed to post the other address's I know of for nice matched pairs. Cleri is going to help me out there.
<sigh>
Old Nov 29th 2008, 6:13 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Yup! a Stihl man here too...but I prefer my Canon DSLR to an SLR these days....
Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:52 am
Grey Bombshell

Canon? Yay, even better, bit old fashioned, prefer a rocket launcher but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

I'm making my Christmas list, so have gleaned a few ideas for it.

Not sure where to put a rocket launcher in a one bed flat though, and if we stick it in the courtyard I won't have anywhere to hang me "delicates", although I could festoon the rocket launcher with knickers I suppose - might detract somewhat from it's threatening appearance
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Yup! a Stihl man here too...but I prefer my Canon DSLR to an SLR these days....
Well I got a Nikon D60 which was a big step up from what I had before. But I preferred the SLR I retired in the Army when the SA80 came in shot's always had more vibrant action in them
Old Nov 30th 2008, 11:07 am
Grey Bombshell

Talking of French food and with Christmas coming, what do you guys all eat on Christmas day and New Year?

We went to a neighbour for New Year and had Oie which was yummy and beautifully cooked - Lindy had cooked it, she said, a bit more than she would normally have done as she knew we English liked it better that way. She was lovely. She had also gone to a lot of trouble to make gravy which, despite never having done it before, was out of this world.

The following year, we went down to some new friends near Mirepoix (totally stunning place, we were renting in Couiza at that time between houses so to speak) and had foie gras with a dessert wine to die for, a Sanglier casserole which was the best main meal I've ever had, just served with a simple green salad and French bread, and MORE rocket fuel local wine, and a Mont Blanc meringue thing that I would have kidnapped the hostess for it was so delish, with yet more sweet wine from their own vineyard. Despite not being able to walk and my OH falling in the swimming pool he was so bletted, it was the greatest New Year we ever had (if I remember rightly that is ..

What I do like about the French way is they don't tart up the plate with all sorts of weird and way-out looking other stuff, they just let the main bit of it say it all - just some plain green beans as an accompaniment often.

What's on your Christmas menu folks?
Old Nov 30th 2008, 11:43 am

Talking of French food and with Christmas coming, what do you guys all eat on Christmas day and New Year?

We went to a neighbour for New Year and had Oie which was yummy and beautifully cooked - Lindy had cooked it, she said, a bit more than she would normally have done as she knew we English liked it better that way. She was lovely. She had also gone to a lot of trouble to make gravy which, despite never having done it before, was out of this world.

The following year, we went down to some new friends near Mirepoix (totally stunning place, we were renting in Couiza at that time between houses so to speak) and had foie gras with a dessert wine to die for, a Sanglier casserole which was the best main meal I've ever had, just served with a simple green salad and French bread, and MORE rocket fuel local wine, and a Mont Blanc meringue thing that I would have kidnapped the hostess for it was so delish, with yet more sweet wine from their own vineyard. Despite not being able to walk and my OH falling in the swimming pool he was so bletted, it was the greatest New Year we ever had (if I remember rightly that is ..

What I do like about the French way is they don't tart up the plate with all sorts of weird and way-out looking other stuff, they just let the main bit of it say it all - just some plain green beans as an accompaniment often.

What's on your Christmas menu folks?

Last year I got a Deer Leg cut it out so it could be rolled for roasting stuffed it with a stuffing made from Fresh whole minced Fois Gras French Bread Crumbs a little tiger sauce and Grated Cepes and Orange Juice and Egg yolks. With a little honey roasted wild boar on the side and Parmasan Roasted Potatoes. Christmas eve we had a Fruit de Mer Plater with Lobster Crab and loads of Yummy things purchased pre prepared from Champion. We then spent the next six month dieting to get over the fat content of three days.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 11:57 am
Grey Bombshell

Last year I got a Deer Leg cut it out so it could be rolled for roasting stuffed it with a stuffing made from Fresh whole minced Fois Gras French Bread Crumbs a little tiger sauce and Grated Cepes and Orange Juice and Egg yolks. With a little honey roasted wild boar on the side and Parmasan Roasted Potatoes. Christmas eve we had a Fruit de Mer Plater with Lobster Crab and loads of Yummy things purchased pre prepared from Champion. We then spent the next six month dieting to get over the fat content of three days.

Sounds worth it though. My mouth is watering .......
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:17 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - not totally integrated here, still prefer our family traditional turkey with trimmings. Did have boar last year too though. Not keen.

I love a sunday lunch (roast chicken today) and see Christmas Dinner as the same but more so. Syb always does a gorgeous Sunday roast, so Christmas Day I'm in heaven with pigs in blankets, bread sauce etc.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Sorry - not totally integrated here, still prefer our family traditional turkey with trimmings. Did have boar last year too though. Not keen.

I love a sunday lunch (roast chicken today) and see Christmas Dinner as the same but more so. Syb always does a gorgeous Sunday roast, so Christmas Day I'm in heaven with pigs in blankets, bread sauce etc.
Turkey is just so how can one say Boring... It might of been new in the 16th Century but it bores the arse of me now last time I ate turkey was about 7 years ago.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:07 pm

Turkey is just so how can one say Boring... It might of been new in the 16th Century but it bores the arse of me now last time I ate turkey was about 7 years ago.
Never been a follower of fashion Ka, (food or otherwise) so couldn't care a toss what's in or out....I know what I like, and I like turkey on Christmas Day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.