Reload this Page >

France and savings rates

France and savings rates

Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

brownster is an unknown quantity at this point
Question France and savings rates

Hi there,
My wife and I are in the planning stages of moving to France. I can't seem to find a website with the best interest rates for savings in France. Do you know any sites or companies that offer good rates please?

Brownster.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:06 am
Just Joined

autonomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: France and savings rates

no, i sure don't. also i've already moved back to the states.
good luck.

Originally Posted by brownster
Hi there,
My wife and I are in the planning stages of moving to France. I can't seem to find a website with the best interest rates for savings in France. Do you know any sites or companies that offer good rates please?

Brownster.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 3:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Brownster.
Try the websites of French banks?

Or leave the money in the UK, although you'd need to understand the tax and currency exposure issues.

Jeremy
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Michael E will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

Brownster.
The banks BNP Parisbas, Credit Lyonaise etc all have web sites with the interest rates posted... In general the rates in the UK are better although that is not always true - I have profited greatly from French saving systems but by accident rather than design. I now keep all savings in the uK as at least I more or less understand the system - There is a tax advantage on British savings and current accounts if you are non resident which is useful..........