Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Foxsat-HDR/500 satellite box in France

Foxsat-HDR/500 satellite box in France

Old Nov 13th 2011, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Foxsat-HDR/500 satellite box in France

Has anyone bought the Foxsat-HDR/500 satellite TV box from the UK? We would like to end our Sky package and purchase one from maybe Amazon but I am not sure on the postcode set up and whether these freesat recording boxes are compatable living in France?
Old Nov 13th 2011, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foxsat-HDR/500 satellite box in France

Originally Posted by bobbi2
Has anyone bought the Foxsat-HDR/500 satellite TV box from the UK? We would like to end our Sky package and purchase one from maybe Amazon but I am not sure on the postcode set up and whether these freesat recording boxes are compatable living in France?
I bought one some time back - doodle to set up and yes the post code works just fine
Old Nov 13th 2011, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

cuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nice

Ditto
Old Nov 13th 2011, 9:40 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobbi2
They work a treat, You put in your English post code and all is well
Old Nov 13th 2011, 3:58 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't agree more. My only gripe is the 'conflict' when trying to record, even on double coax. But fantastic. If you also have an antennae you can also link that in (via TV) and have French and UK TV.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Couldn't agree more. It's an excellent set, that does just what it says on the tin. I've bought two, and they both work very well. Only snag, not being able to use the USB slot, which apparently is there for a future use, but not yet. I bought the last one from Amazon and it arrived very quickly and has been running faultlessly for a couple of years. Their price is as good as you'll get probably.
Anyone managed to connect an external hard drive?
PB
Old Nov 14th 2011, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

cuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nicecuthbert is just really nice

Yea, I formatted a drive to Linux EXT3 and then it goes straight over no problems at all using the file manager. To format the hardrive as a non windows type, I put GParted onto a USB key and rebooted the computer, which allowed you then to reformat your drive as EXT3, then you should have no problems at all.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

here's a similar procedure but it puts GParted on a bootable CD, for me the USB key was easier.

http://www.astra2d.com/transfer.html
Old Nov 14th 2011, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your helpful replies.....will be ordering one this week!
Old Nov 14th 2011, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cuthbert
Yea, I formatted a drive to Linux EXT3 and then it goes straight over no problems at all using the file manager. To format the hardrive as a non windows type, I put GParted onto a USB key and rebooted the computer, which allowed you then to reformat your drive as EXT3, then you should have no problems at all.
This looks like wise advice indeed, that I shall try putting into practice once my eyes are no longer glazed over.

Thanks a million anyway.
PB
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

I got one and it works fine, currently (until I move) I only have one coax with a loop and it works ok. I can record something and watch something, or record two things at once still. The only problem with the one coax is you cant see whats on beyond now and next, cant program the recordings etc.

Saying that, I don't think I'm even pointed at the freesat satellite because I don't get all the channles, but after the drama I had setting the dish up, this will do!
Old Nov 19th 2011, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cuthbert
Hi,
Have you any recommendations as to what make of external drive is bound to work? Should it be multimedia, or will anything do?
Thanks for any further advice.
PB
Old Nov 19th 2011, 4:40 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Peabrain
Hi,
Have you any recommendations as to what make of external drive is bound to work? Should it be multimedia, or will anything do?
Thanks for any further advice.
PB
Any external drive will do, Just part ion and format it.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Thanks. I'll do that and hope for the best.
PB
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
As I understand it as it's Linux it doesn't like NTFS but will accept FAT32 though it has disk size limit of 4GB for transferring files, so you cannot save your HD films.

edit:
here's a couple of links that can explain it better than me.
http://wiki.vuze.com/w/FAT32_file_size_limit
http://www.astra2d.com/transfer.html

Last edited by cuthbert; Nov 22nd 2011 at 5:56 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.