Fosse Septique

Old Jan 23rd 2017, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Karen Bradley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fosse Septique

Hi All
My partner and I have not long bought a very old farmhouse and buildings near Plemet in Brittany. We have to get a fosse installed in the next six months to comply with conditions the local commune put on the sale.
Can anyone recommend a contractor in the Plemet/Plessala/Loudeac area that also speaks a little English.
Thanks
Karen
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 4:52 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fosse Septique

Originally Posted by Karen Bradley
Hi All
My partner and I have not long bought a very old farmhouse and buildings near Plemet in Brittany. We have to get a fosse installed in the next six months to comply with conditions the local commune put on the sale.
Can anyone recommend a contractor in the Plemet/Plessala/Loudeac area that also speaks a little English.
Thanks
Karen
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
If no one on the forum can recommend any one, look in the Pages Jaunes entering "Installation fosse septique" and "Plemet 22" and ticking "� proximité". You should ask a couple or so enterprises whether they speak English, and ask for an Estimate (Devis) from each.
To give an idea, our future neighbours (North Hérault) found the cheapest to be 10 000€, but some forum members living elsewhere have found much lower figures....
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Or you could ask at the Mairie, because they know all the local businesses.
It sounds like you're in a small community and if that's the case then getting to know the mayor and his staff is always a wise move. If you consult them about things like this and show you're keen to use local businesses, they'll see you as part of their community and look after you. Or that's my been my experience, I found the mairie staff more than willing to sort me with all kinds of local knowledge and advice when I moved here (in fact when I was fresh off the boat I used to ask the mayor to look at quotes I'd had to see if I was being ripped off, and he used to say things like "That's a fair price" or "Ask him to knock a bit off", or sometimes, "non, non, non").
As DMU says, get at least 2 quotes.

Last edited by EuroTrash; Jan 23rd 2017 at 5:08 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karen Bradley
Hi All
Thanks
Karen
Welcome Karen. Essex, I used to know it very well.
Whatever you do make sure the price is firm (no add-ons), guarantee? Tell them you will be paying by cheque not cash and you will want a receipt.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Karen Bradley is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your advice.

Unfortunately our commune has recently become part of a larger area so time to start again with the mairie!