Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / France

Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:49 pm   #16
Just Joined

redcard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Finding work in France

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroTrash View Post
I take it you do have a Brexit proof plan...
Nope!
redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st 2017, 7:52 pm   #17
Just Joined

redcard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmu View Post
But in fact we don't know what the OH's partner's profession is....
She's a highly-skilled veterinary doctor and is employed part of the week, self-employed the other part. I believe in the medium-term she would be looking to work in a French surgery, either on an employed or self-employed basis.
redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th 2017, 3:15 pm   #18
Just Joined

Purple Jim is an unknown quantity at this point

You must be absolutely fluent to work credibly here.
Purple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th 2017, 4:56 pm   #19
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Jim View Post
You must be absolutely fluent to work credibly here.
Rather a sweeping statement.
If you mean in a veterinary or other medical practice, I agree.
However, I'm frequently in contact with newly arrived british personnel in the aircraft industry at Toulouse (skilled and semi-skilled), very credible workers, who don't speak a word of French, and unless they are in a managerial position are not required to.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 5:55 pm   #20
dmu Female
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
She's a highly-skilled veterinary doctor and is employed part of the week, self-employed the other part. I believe in the medium-term she would be looking to work in a French surgery, either on an employed or self-employed basis.

https://www.veterinaire.fr/exercer-l...uropeenne.html
confirms that a qualified EU vet can register if he/she satisfies the language requirement. I didn't read the Article of the Code concerning this, but imagine that the level is very high....

https://www.veterinaire.fr/exercer-l...r-liberal.html
on the same site also gives info on vétérinaires libéraux (self-employed) if your partner, once registered, doesn't wish for salaried employment.

P.S. I'm a bit confused, as in your 1st post, you said that your partner's employer is willing to allow her to work from home in France. Also that she doesn't like the work much. That doesn't sound compatible with working as a Vet....

Last edited by dmu; Nov 16th 2017 at 6:03 pm.
dmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th 2017, 7:03 pm   #21
Just Joined

Purple Jim is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedpipe View Post
Rather a sweeping statement.
If you mean in a veterinary or other medical practice, I agree.
However, I'm frequently in contact with newly arrived british personnel in the aircraft industry at Toulouse (skilled and semi-skilled), very credible workers, who don't speak a word of French, and unless they are in a managerial position are not required to.
Wow, that is courageous. However if it's with a company in the aircraft industry, I imagine that a lot of things are layed out and arranged for them, to help them to adapt and integrate. If one comes over to settle here without a company backing one up, it's a entirely different story.
Purple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / France