Reload this Page >

Engineering work in France

Engineering work in France

Old Oct 1st 2005, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

lroy1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engineering work in France

Hi all!
Im new here, I wish I had found this place earlier!

Im seriously thinking about moving to France, im single and have no ties to
the UK, apart from my family and friends. Im trying to find work in France and
I am wondering if anyone knows anything about the engineering market in France? Is there a high demand for engineers (electronic/electrical) in the north of France, Lille in particular?
I speak French, though not fluently, I can hold a conversation with my French friend for several hours but understanding everything that is said on the radio/TV is still a problem. In general do you think this would be a high enough level for employers to consider me?
As far as I am aware, there are lots of English people living in the Dordogne area, and I am just wondering what they all do for a living, as I am sure there are a lot of English people over there that dont speak French.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Cheers
Lee
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

priscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to all
Default Re: Engineering work in France

Originally Posted by lroy1978
Hi all!
Im new here, I wish I had found this place earlier!

Im seriously thinking about moving to France, im single and have no ties to
the UK, apart from my family and friends. Im trying to find work in France and
I am wondering if anyone knows anything about the engineering market in France? Is there a high demand for engineers (electronic/electrical) in the north of France, Lille in particular?
I speak French, though not fluently, I can hold a conversation with my French friend for several hours but understanding everything that is said on the radio/TV is still a problem. In general do you think this would be a high enough level for employers to consider me?
As far as I am aware, there are lots of English people living in the Dordogne area, and I am just wondering what they all do for a living, as I am sure there are a lot of English people over there that dont speak French.
Anyway, thanks for your time.

Cheers
Lee
Hi Lee,

They look for electricians in a lot of places in France but you might want to do a bit of research first, as the wages won't be the same as in England.
Check http://www.anpe.fr for jobs. Temporary work agencies are also a very good place to start as employers often use them to recruit people, it often leads to a permanent job, try http://www.adecco.fr, or http://www.manpower.fr