Eggs for sale!

Old Feb 13th 2017, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Eggs for sale!

Do any of you have chickens and sell the eggs? I am currently too generous for my own good and not getting much in return during Winter from neighbours. Summers fine as we get overwhelmed with fruit n veg from the neighbours but nothing during Winter. I would love to get a few pence for them and give to charity but not sure this is legal and the laws behind it.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 3:51 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eggs for sale!

Originally Posted by bobbi2
Do any of you have chickens and sell the eggs? I am currently too generous for my own good and not getting much in return during Winter from neighbours. Summers fine as we get overwhelmed with fruit n veg from the neighbours but nothing during Winter. I would love to get a few pence for them and give to charity but not sure this is legal and the laws behind it.
You just regard it as an investment for the summer ...
Old Feb 16th 2017, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

Our friends and neighbours usually don't buy them but give us a contribution towards the next bag of feed if they haven't anything to swap.Works fine,
Old Feb 16th 2017, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

Meant to add we counted a couple of fresh truffles we got in Januarty to be more than fair exchange.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, one neighbour had contributed 5 euros to them but that's it and the other neighbours just give us veg in the summer. I am holding on to them atm as i am not doing my girls justice by giving them away. They are exbatts so very precious.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Nectarine is just really niceNectarine is just really niceNectarine is just really niceNectarine is just really niceNectarine is just really niceNectarine is just really niceNectarine is just really niceNectarine is just really nice

I give my eggs away, don't take wine to parties but a dozen fresh eggs is always welcome. Plus if there's a charity raffle a few half-dozen boxes of eggs is my contribution. I also give a few boxes here and there if I hear somebody's a bit hard up financially. But selling them? Like you I am not sure of the legality so would prefer to be over generous than on the wrong side of the tax man. If you really don't want to give to neighbours but can't use them, could your local food bank/Restos Du Coeur use a few boxes now and again?
Old Feb 17th 2017, 5:33 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nectarine
I give my eggs away, don't take wine to parties but a dozen fresh eggs is always welcome. Plus if there's a charity raffle a few half-dozen boxes of eggs is my contribution. I also give a few boxes here and there if I hear somebody's a bit hard up financially. But selling them? Like you I am not sure of the legality so would prefer to be over generous than on the wrong side of the tax man. If you really don't want to give to neighbours but can't use them, could your local food bank/Restos Du Coeur use a few boxes now and again?
Hi, I was going to suggest the Restos du Coeur, but they don't accept fresh food.
Funnily enough, our neighbour gave us a box of eggs just now, she refuses money and I pay her with postage stamps or render various small services since she hasn't got a car.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 5:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbi2
Do any of you have chickens and sell the eggs?
Yes. I suppose the chickens break even if you don't count the cost of the house in which they live.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 5:56 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Yes. I suppose the chickens break even if you don't count the cost of the house in which they live.
Bienvenue en France mon vieux! Les poulets sont plus confortable dans ses maison secondaire ici.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Feb 17th 2017 at 6:01 pm.