Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

dual citizenship

dual citizenship

Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:20 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dual citizenship; be carefull!!!

Originally Posted by Joni
I am trying for daul nationality my mother was french and father was english,I have lived in France for nearly five years now and am in the tax and social regimes,I would like voting and other rights as I intend to remain here for life the problem is the only paperwork I have for my mother is her British passport! could somebody out there help me with a little easy to understand information on what I need to do to get a french passport,I always have problems understanding official gobbledygook,perhaps I am a little thick!

looking forward to reading some simple replies joni
Why a Passport, why not a Carte d'Identité which is free? Go along to your Mairie for Application Forms for either and ask what documents you'll need in addition to an Extract from your Mother's birth certificate (from the Mairie where she was born) and your parents' Marriage Certificate. Use the Search function, top right, to find other up-to-date threads on dual nationality in this Forum. No gobbledygook here
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:37 pm
Jeff, god of biscuits

Ems_8674 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: dual citizenship

*Bump*

Anyone know whether you must have a CDI to apply for French citizenship?